Hi all, I've been fairly inactive for the past year as a lot has happened including my dad helping me to build a shed for my junk!

I've still got my Westwood Gazelle MK2 which has given me a lot of fun but also a lot of saving for parts haha. I recently was given a rare MK1 Gazelle for my birthday back in June which I'll eventually respray original colours and decals as well as mechanical work to get it running right. I was very lucky to get it as apparently there was a guy in Scotland who was going to pick it up a day after us but the owner had accepted our offer first. 

Recently had the carburetor cleaned on the MK2 as had trouble starting it as well as it fluttering when going onto higher revvs. Since purchased i've replaced points and condenser, air filter, pulleys, drive belt, lights, seat, fuel piping, and a new fuel filter. Initially it was running great as it should do haha.

Although when taking it out today I noticed a lot of fluttering throughout running which meant the governor was working fast, I'm not sure if the new fuel piping is a little small or the filter is slowing the fuel down from getting to the engine, either way I think it may be fuel starvation so will try to sort that!

Here's some pictures of the Gazelle after cutting in summer time and all oiled for winter (google album) - 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KyJB88PZSMffRAqVA

Edited by WestwoodW8Gazelle