revmix

Mono chainsaw with O&R motor (SOLD)

Nice looking unit. They seemed to like green paint.  cool air filter setup nice find. look like the recoil has been changed some of the screws are green ??image.png.01181a7c88cc14f7f81956c11c0ca0ae.pngimage.png.40f2222b25be43e0212d3e13d3bb611d.png

Edited by JUST O&R

19 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Nice looking unit. They seemed to like green paint.  cool air filter setup nice find. look like the recoil has been changed some of the screws are green ??

Yes the original starter would have been sprayed green same as most of the parts, by the time this was made replacement starter housings were only available in that beige color, whoever replaced it never bothered to paint it green and lost some of the original starter fillister head screws.

So how much is it then?

David

I think he paid  175 plus shipping . I  thought that was a fair price a little cleaning up and you have a nice unit.

I love to find things like that. The odd one are hard to find . Just cant believe the painted every thing.

1 hour ago, JUST O&R said:

Just cant believe the painted every thing.

All the later tools from AEP are spray painted over nearly everything too.

13 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

Was he selling it ?

This is in the general for sale section of the forum, hopefully he will update us if it has been sold.

David

Hi JustO&R - sorry about that. I thought you were giving us all a heads up about the saw being for sale. Are the photos of the yellow saw one of your upcoming projects?  That one looks in nice condition. It’s cool that it also has the Mono tree sticker on the recoil housing. I can’t seem to find anyone that makes a reproduction decal in the smaller size, the only ones I’ve seen are 3.25” in diameter and would probably work for the chain cover.

I think it’s kind of odd too that they painted everything on some of these tools. I have a Pony Express bicycle engine that is also completely painted.

I just didn't notice it was for sale. wasn't looking for a project at this point but that would be a nice one.

Some of the good graphics and sign shop can take a good pic and make one.

Some people post their ad's for O&R's in the forum buy/sell section, others post in the O&R section, I can see why it got missed, but at least you know now.

6 hours ago, CNew said:

I think it’s kind of odd too that they painted everything on some of these tools.

Not odd at all, it was cost cutting towards the final years of production (most common after they became AEP). It's quicker to assemble then spray, than to paint the parts individually, this is still the way some manufacturers paint their engines. This also reduces the amount of parts stock/inventory needed, don't need separate part numbers for each color of each part.

Of course it's your choice how to repaint if you decided too, we can take our time and make sure the paint stays on as well.

David

They are only noticeable from the MOM homepage in the latest topic column, unless you regularly check for sale & wanted threads.

Now moved to the O&R section.

David