HeadExam

Good luck and Goodbye

I wish everyone here good luck and hate to leave the site, but for one reason or another I am not able to login anymore without emailing for another new password. This has happened nearly a dozen times after clearing all browsing data and cookies and it continues to happen. It could be on my side or on the server side, I don't know. I just don't have the time or patience to recover my password every time I want to visit the site. Good luck to all.

Sorry to see you leave us Alain. I always enjoy reading about your collection of garden tractors and chainsaws.

All the very best and hope we can catch up via FB.

Cheers

Andrew

Alain, send me the most recent password you set your account to admin@wheelhorseforum.com then to log in.  If you are not able to get in, DO NOT reset your password, send me another email again admin@wheelhorseforum.com and I will try to log in with that password.  If that doesn't work for me, I will reset your password to that password and we try again.  

I have never seen this issue before, so it's all new to me.  Sorry you're frustrated, but to get you sorted may take a couple iterations, but it will get fixed if you decide to stick with it for a little bit.

Sorry to hear you're having problems Alain. Would be sorry to see you go and your absence would leave a large void here.

Persevere and try Karl's advice. Don't ever let any IT gremlins grind you down. I've just beaten Ford UK into submission with their website after a frustrating 3 weeks (punch air).........

....and I'm no expert!. 

I've just realised, when I sign in to M.O.M the name in the box is my user name, no problem, on R.S it's my email address, problem. If I change from email to user name then I can sign in, but after signing out and trying again the text in the box reverts back to my email address.

Doug.

The name that shows up on the login screen is provided by your browser, not the forum software, you can try to clear cookies and cache and logon data to resolve that.

I use both sites and always log out of both when I’m finished, I use an iPad  and a laptop and clear my browser data at least twice a week which speeds them up. I’ve never had a problem signing into both sites. !

I prefer to always log off from Sites/Forums and clear all history+ other data after disconnecting Wi Fi every time. Never had any log in issues anywhere using windows7 and Googy Chrome.

I'm not clear on the 'Always Logged in' situ. Can't get my head around it, as if someone says they always remain logged in to a Site/Forum, why does it not show the Username on the 'Who's Online' section at the bottom of the Home page?. Some Forums I use automatically drop you out after a period of inactivity. Then again, I am maybe over cautious. 

I hope the cause of the problem is able to be resolved and explained. 

Like Santa, it all works with cookies.   Remaining "logged in"  updates the cookie on your machine to indicate you are logged into the site.  The forum itself has session data, but not whether or not you are logged in.  Clearing cookies, history and website data will usually fix most any issue with accessing the forum because of this.

I don,t know you but looking at your posts you have been here for a few days (lol). I'm not sure but I think

you need to figure it out. We need to help you If need be. We need more here not less.

Im an o&r man but would like to see more not less:confused:

On 8 December 2019 at 1:27 PM, nylyon said:

The name that shows up on the login screen is provided by your browser, not the forum software, you can try to clear cookies and cache and logon data to resolve that.

Cleared everything in Safari on my iPad, user name now displayed instead of email address, no problem logging on now. Strange it only affected R.S and not M.O.M?