David ottley

Allen Lawn Ranger

Hi.

I also have an Allen Lawn Ranger and cannot find any info on it. It's running fine and cutting reasonably well. The only problem is with the belts. I think the belt to the cutters is too short and the cutters run all the time and the two front cylinders, the belt are not tight enough as they stop very easy.

If anyone has the belt sizes or reference numbers it will be a great help.

John

Hi there,

I am not much help really, I had the same trouble and couldn’t find the details anywhere. I eventually tried various belts until I got the right ones.

i sold it in the end and when the guy came to collect it, it through the drive belt. 

It was a pain 

sorry.

david

I just looked in my old eBay purchases and I think they were 2 x B33 and 1 x B43 belts, if that sounds about right then they are the ones I used. 

I also remember that they were a pain to fit as you need to depress the spring on each cutter arm to get them in place. That is probably why they are slipping as the previous owner had that trouble. I used a length of thick twine and put it around both the cutter arm and the chassis and then wound them up with a bar until the spring had compressed enough to get the belt on.

have fun.

david

Sorry, didn't realise that this thread was still live.

Main drive SPA 1900

Secondary SPA800

Front units SPA850

Rear unit SPA1120

I don't remember the belts being difficult to fit, in fact we fitted stronger springs for one customer who always tried to cut too much at a time. Little and often was the order of the day.  The Lawn Ranger was replaced by the Turf Trooper which addressed most of the short comings of the original machines.

There is just nothing on the internet.

Well, there was life pre Internet . My business career started with paper manuals, then microfiche, CDs, DVDs, downloads and now it’s “all “ in the cloud ; but only if someone has put it there.  It’s a good job that some of us have hung on to the paper manuals - but not for much longer!