Wallfish

NOS and or Used parts trade

So a few of us have some NOS parts but if it's contents is anything like mine, there's an abundance of some but nothing for others. So, maybe some trading of parts will help diversify our portfolios, maybe not but might as well make an effort.

I'll have to go through what's out there to inventory it. It's not a huge stash of parts but I'm willing to trade the multiples.

Carb parts, besides diaphragms, nice recoil housings and the can type  gas tanks are always a premium item.

Off the top of my head, here's a few I have.

NOS

newer type governor veins

Gov springs for the bottom of the carb

There's about 6 or so air filters but those are a coveted item. I'd still be willing to share a couple

new and old school high speed carb needles

Induction side crank seals

1 or 2 recoil springs

new points sets

piston rings

gearbox gaskets

Autolite spark plugs equivalent to the 10 mm Champion UY-6 plugs

wire holders for the recoil rope to the spool (but you can use common copper wire for these)

For used parts

carb diaphragm caps with the primer button

Some check valve bottom halves with different fuel inlet locations

Some heads

different gearboxes.

TT generator parts

Misc engine parts

I'm short on

Mufflers

Carb arm springs

the smaller ball bearing for carb check valve (but I'll have to go check the drawers at the old hardware store again)

I’ll have to sort through some stuff as well and see if I have many multiples of anything. 

I have some of the little steel balls for the carb. Do you need the 1/16 or 1/32 size?

I have a bag of 50 of each of the balls .

I have some carb arm springs not sure how many. I will look

Not sure on muffler I will check they are like the air filters and heat baffles they take them off and there gone.

Have 6 of the arm springs I can send 2

I have 3 mufflers

# 122-1

#122-2

# a-11-13

Can send you 1. Also have muffler bolts in I think 3 to 4 sizes and extensions

and have 50 - 1/32 balls

IMG_3476[1].JPG

IMG_3477[1].JPG

Edited by JUST O&R

3 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Have 6 of the arm springs I can send 2

I have 3 mufflers

# 122-1

#122-2

# a-11-13

Can send you 1. Also have muffler bolts in I think 3 to 4 sizes and extensions

and have 50 - 1/32 balls

Anything you're looking for? Think I have some used baffles but not many.

13 hours ago, Wallfish said:

Anything you're looking for? Think I have some used baffles but not many.

A set of baffles would be nice I have a few more that are missing in action.

Maybe  a few diaphragms I'm getting low on them :yankchain:

any thing else you could use before I send this out.

Clint what about you any thing you need

how about anyone I'm willing to do some horse trading

Edited by JUST O&R

Thanks JustO&R-  I think I’m ok at the moment, nothing specific that I know of that I need. I think I’m on the hunt just like everyone for those hard to find parts like seals. I don’t have much in the way of parts for the 20A engines but then again I only have a couple of those and I’m not sure how likely it is that part of the collection will grow. I’m more interested in things with the 13A & B Engines.

9 hours ago, Webhead said:

I have tons of odd stuff that I'd like to unload. Including screws and bearings.

I could use some baffles if you have any.

10 hours ago, CNew said:

I think I’m on the hunt just like everyone for those hard to find parts like seals.

Try soaking the old ones in spray carb cleaner. It swells the rubber.

I have sprayed small engine carbs without removing the rubber bowl gasket by mistake. They swell enough to not fit back properly after carb cleaner. I'm not sure how long it lasts but I ended up throwing one out after couple weeks because it never did shrink back to fit. Or maybe I just didn't wait long enough.

Try experimenting if you're up for it. Re-generizing those old seals would make them plentiful.

Think there was a bunch of the induction side crank seals in that parts stash.

That might be worth a try. I might have a couple old seals that are too far gone to be useful that I could experiment with to see if they rejuvenate a little, nothing to lose really.

FYI- I sent you a PM on another topic...

1 hour ago, CNew said:

nothing to lose really.

Exactly. These seals don't need to swell very much and the carb cleaner seems to soften them as well. It won't work for the hard brittle stuff but the ones that are still pliable and a little stiff, it should. Just another thing from the bag of tricks! Like Joe told me when I first got into these things, "You gotta be resourceful" Especially for the actual tool stuff attached to the engine.

Be sure to share your results!

I know talked about this before but did anyone figure out what gasket material to use for the A-13-18 induction gasket

and the 5-6 feather valve gasket?

1 hour ago, JUST O&R said:

I know talked about this before but did anyone figure out what gasket material to use for the A-13-18 induction gasket

and the 5-6 feather valve gasket?

I have a big roll of this vegetable fiber gasket material in the 0.006” thickness. It seems to be very close to the original gasket material. Let me know if you want to try some.

https://allstategasket.com/info_gasket_material_style-1165.asp

10 ft by 3 ft is only $25. That would supply the world for a while. I'm in. Those gaskets are nice to have after opening an engine.

Do you have NOS gaskets to send along to Eric? I have some if not.

Sorry been gone all day I'm also in just let me know what you need to get them done . I also have a couple of those gasket's if you need them.

This project  will run me about out think there's three left in the goody bag. induction case I have 1. This will be a problem very soon.

LET ME KNOW AND ILL SEED SOMEONE SOME $$$$ TO GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!

I’ll try to get by the post office this week and send you both a piece of this gasket paper. Then, we can all assess if we think it will work for these specific gaskets. If so, then we can see what Eric would charge to CAD them up and laser cut us a batch.  Just want to make sure we have a good gasket material selected for this- I’m pretty certain it’ll work but I’d like other experts to weigh in on it.

In the mean time if one of you with a NOS gasket wants to send me a good photo of each gasket I can send the photos to Eric and get him thinking about it, and maybe quoting the job while we get a consensus on the gasket material.

let me know what you think!

14 minutes ago, CNew said:

Just want to make sure we have a good gasket material selected for this- I’m pretty certain it’ll work but I’d like other experts to weigh in on it.

Do be leave this We just become experts :D I did not know it was that easy!!

If only David could see me now