CNew

Ohlsson Rice: Orline Exhaust Fan / Sold as a Manhole Fan?

I haven’t tried it yet but I have some gasket material on order that I’m hoping will work for the exhaust/head. Once it arrives I’ll give the Olfa a try.

Gasket samples arrived from Eric.  I’m going to take a close look this weekend and verify the dimensions and pass along any minor adjustments so hopefully he can blast them out for us.

John, 

I’ll also get your NOS gaskets back in the mail to you.

On 2/9/2020 at 11:05 PM, JUST O&R said:

David there was no one to keep an eye on us and we tend to run wild.:hide: I will half to work on it.

I don't mind too much, it was good to see the forum remain busy while I was away. I may try combining some of the gaskets posts into a more relevant thread (time permitting), it does get difficult if more than one topic is in a post.

18 hours ago, CNew said:

Gasket samples arrived from Eric.  I’m going to take a close look this weekend and verify the dimensions and pass along any minor adjustments so hopefully he can blast them out for us.

For the thin paper induction case gaskets, I just measured the parts they fit into and made the gaskets to those sizes, I use grease to hold them in place for assembly too.

David

With fresh gaskets cut I’m finally getting the engine back together. Always fun putting all the little roller bearings back in place, especially the ones on the end of the connecting rod while sliding over the crank pin.

7522C234-87FE-456C-A3FA-7CA3E9886703.jpeg

Fan is direct drive, it’ll be exciting to turn this thing on.  I’m almost convinced that this fan is intended to be used horizontally. The orientation of the tank, the throttle and how the handle is set up just seems to suggest you would hold it and point the airflow somewhere.

Thanks!  This one is a keeper for sure.

I used the paper gaskets I cut but not the head gaskets. I’m going to pull apart a separate “test” engine to try the paper gaskets, new head/cylinder gaskets and shaft seals and O-rings. I want to try all the new alternatives in one engine to see what happens.

Looking good, just needs a fuel line & a 1HP decal, it's one from either 1968 or 69 with the serial number decal on the cylinder cooling baffle.

David

19 hours ago, CNew said:

I used the paper gaskets I cut but not the head gaskets. I’m going to pull apart a separate “test” engine to try the paper gaskets, new head/cylinder gaskets and shaft seals and O-rings. I want to try all the new alternatives in one engine to see what happens.

That sounds like a good idea lit us know