Wallfish

Speedy Sprayer

Found this compressor and engine but it's obviously not the Orline style. Came with a paint gun too

It's missing the engine mount but I'm thinking this might have been an electric motor model. IDK

Wondering if @JUST O&R Terry is up for the challenge of making a motor mount?

IMG_0433.JPG.343fe7b01d186376572cd50602b98933.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG.9304425ffbdc6696ce950f077fbc0066.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG.89411cecc8b3b991a2232752fc245c85.JPG

That is an earlier speedy sprayer, both this version and the later one (as used with the Orline version) were sold without the electric motor, the mounting holes with adjustment for the compressor, allowed fitting for most 1/4 HP electric motors.

David

Just get me the dimension of the lower plate and I will whip up something that will work . need to know how high off the base it needs to be.

Have you got a Model H or Type 195 engine? A base mount gas tank could be used with these engines.

The Orline version used a 1700 RPM Type 216 engine, which is almost the same as the Type 195, apart from the position of the gas tank.

David

I do have some base mount tanks but it would still need to be supported at the PTO shaft or it will break off those little tabs.

Think it's also possible to turn the compressor so the shaft is 90 deg and then reposition the handle and air output  to where they are now.

It would probably look cooler with pulleys and a belt but...

On 1/30/2020 at 5:42 PM, Wallfish said:

I do have some base mount tanks but it would still need to be supported at the PTO shaft or it will break off those little tabs.

Think it's also possible to turn the compressor so the shaft is 90 deg and then reposition the handle and air output  to where they are now.

It would probably look cooler with pulleys and a belt but...

You could put a foot on the gearbox side if you used a base mount tank and want the belt system.

OR use a base mount tank and see what the center line of the shaft on the compressor.

Maybe shim the engine or compressor to match and use a coupler to connect them .

Although it may spin to slow

Will this work Terry? there's 3 total pieces. Let me know if anything doesn't make sense. Do you have a gearbox with the same shaft position? Away from the engine?

A base mount tank doesn't really work unless there's a plate made to mount to the base and wide enough for the tank mount holes.

1967744917_compressorenginemount.jpg.86ae16822c3def9dae74d5243ff77ee4.jpg

John does the mounting bracket to the block need to be centered. I see you have some movement from side to side. Just need to make sure your belt lines up. My h engine has the same gearbox so that's will be simple.

The engine is centered to the existing mounting holes in the base so both of those pieces are the same, just mirrored. And what you have pictured looks good!

The front mount sits centered to the mount holes but the holes for the gear box will need to be offset to the left, just like the shaft is in the engine you have pictured. That;s the same gear box. I can drill the holes for the gear box mount

The engine mount will be able to slide in the mount so I will line up the pulley before drilling holes to mount the gear box plate. There's also some adjustment on the shaft for the pulley.

I can call you about 8 pm if that works

4 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

IMG_3566[1].JPG

IMG_3567[1].JPG

IMG_3568[1].JPG

Man, that is awesome!  Ya know Terry those brackets would be great for displaying these little engines.  Keep the pattern and dimensions once you get it all figured out- I might buy a couple sets from you at some point. You’ve got quite the knack for metal fab!  

John it was great talking to you last night I thing my wife hates this things I spend more time with these then with her. Got the brackets for the engine done centered up looks good. Side plate you have 5 3/8 square corner pic 1This looks a little to  big . I cut the template down a little and rounded the corners pic 2

let me know what you think  ( this pics have my f engine so that's what it should look like )

IMG_3569[1].JPG

IMG_3572[1].JPG

IMG_3571[1].JPG

IMG_3570[1].JPG

IMG_3574[1].JPG

Enjoyed talking with you too. My wife is the same way. I just tell her she needs a hobby then she won't care. LoL

Looks great! And thanks again for your help.

And you might as well just send me that little NOS engine too!

Well I think I will let that j engine sit on the shelf. I will get that plate done and on its way soon.  Clint is going to be in SC next week and he is stopping buy  on the way threw.  I will send the brackets with him. They might be like the gaskets thew we may never see them again :yankchain:

They will be on the way soon.

Heard from Eric today, looks like the gasket paper and NOS gaskets arrived ok.  He said getting good measurements on those little paper gaskets is a real challenge so he might end up cutting a couple test versions out of thicker material for me to test for fit. Then if everything fits right he will cut the rest of them.

Then I can get John’s NOS gaskets back in the mail to him:D

John got the bracket done just got to clean it up and paint it pink for you. It will go out tomorrow

do you need anything? did you have old stock decals I have a nos 1hp compact III and a recoil one looks purple

but it should be black. I guess it only 55years old that if you still would like to ck into getting some made?

IMG_3575[1].JPG

IMG_3576[1].JPG

IMG_3577[1].JPG

3 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

paint it pink for you

with yellow Poka Dots please!

Looks good and thanks again. I'll need to paint'm silver hammered tone like the base is.

I have a newer style recoil decal , Gold color with the patent #s on the right side, probably could use pics for the older styles and just pick one of them since there are a couple versions. So one newer style, one older style both in silver if that's good. If you want to send me both the recoil & 1HP decal, I'll ask about doing some entire set ups with recoil, bird, HP for 3/4 and 1 and the stop switch. 

We well send what I have . I have no yellow but we can do red if that's ok :Pseriously  I will send you the mounts tomorrow

just need to paint them . gear box bracket needs to be drilled . we need to see pics .

On 2/4/2020 at 6:28 PM, JUST O&R said:

The h engine is not the same but I think the f that I have is I sent you a message to get specifics. 

The H has a single reduction gearbox and the F/J has a two stage reduction gearbox, hence the difference in the mounting, I have outline drawings with the dimensions which would have helped (a bit late now).

15240646_OhlssonRiceCompactEnginesPriceListAug61Page1b.jpg.b702afd6b6e8709e3d4ce028e9d2d64a.jpg

David

P.S. The brochure leaflet the above pictures are from doesn't mention the gearbox PTO shaft direction changes with the two different gearboxes.

Edited by factory
Extra Info

David now that would have been real helpful a few days ago:yankchain:  You must have seen the shaft hole was a little off.

Made the template and them put it on the wrong side of the bracket for the shaft. I then had to make the hole bigger so the shaft fit.

thanks David never looked at the drawings:banghead: