I've been doing an engine overhaul on  a 1980s Tecumseh 7hp iron block vertical shaft engine for another forum member; valves, ignition, charging system etc and just when I thought that I was nearing the end I've found that some vandal has carved a chunk out of the air cleaner backplate and canister. Those parts were still current on Atco 24s etc using the horizontal shaft Tecumseh H50/60 right up to the 1990s so there should be a few around, but not, it appears, in the UK . In the USA, yes, with the appropriate carriage, duty and vat etc., but not over here.   

If anyone has a backplate and canister to sell, please contact me - all reasonable expenses paid .  Otherwise I will have to get the welding gear out, not really my forte!

IMG_2182 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2180 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2177 (Medium).JPG

Maybe worth checking again with Nigel. Looks the same size as fitted to H50/60,V70 etc (31715) -

. I had to obtain missing parts from the states 9 years ago for this derelict H60 Rotavator as no availability in UK (used or new)-

DSC00286.JPG.9e9f66aed90c66ae9283c3600e080270.JPG

Nigel's V70 Lawn Ranger... looks pretty close without checking parts lists -

techy.JPG.d233a0eccdda9cba1f160a10868b92c3.JPG

Good luck with sorting it. 

This is on ebay It does not look like he ships international but if your interested I would buy it and ship it to you. 

have no idea what it would cost to ship but let me know.

here is asking 15.00 plus 8.61 shipping to me

AIR FILTER.jpg

There are two or three on US ebay but the carriage and then UK duty and value Added Tax added to the lot makes them a "luxury" item. I've got a couple of feelers out but after that its the welding set!

12 hours ago, Anglo Traction said:

You/Mark were my next port of call as a suggestion to Angus, as I remember the project  Ewan :).  

I think the cowl went to P Mackellow, maybe the filter went with him too but ill check

Well i've looked high and low and I can't find it anywhere. I'm normally pretty good at remembering where parts are and I can't recall seeing one since before we moved 5 years ago :wacko: