JUST O&R

tiny tiger

Ha, I saw that as well and was baffled. There have been quite a few Tiny Tigers on eBay lately I’m varying condition but they still seem to hover around $125-175. 

Someone must know something we don't John or Joe may know something. Its no wonder john trying to buy Joe's collection so cheep:yankchain:

I know something!

It's one of two things, the seller won't actually get paid because it turned into just making a point of the other person not winning or the winning bidder is a clueless idiot.

You guys seem to be doing well so far for catching good prices. I've paid $125 just for an engine in the past. Prices do trend up and down and just a few years ago competition for them was up there.

That's utterly stupid, I count at least four commonly missing parts too.

If they are making $600+ for a rough one, then I need to get my nice complete spare one sold. :hyper:

On 3/5/2020 at 10:18 PM, Wallfish said:

I know something!

It's one of two things, the seller won't actually get paid because it turned into just making a point of the other person not winning or the winning bidder is a clueless idiot.

But there was two different bidders prepared to pay $600. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

David

I’ve even really nice ones sit on eBay for months listed at Buy-It-Now for $350 or $450, sometimes with the case....

Here is what I said less than 12 months ago (post #2) when someone asked about the value of a Tiny Tiger, along with certain chainsaws they are very common, remember to check recent sold prices/completed listings, but be very careful with "buy-it-now" items as ePay hide the actual lower sold price if "best offer" was used. :banghead:

David

Hey im new to the forum i just picked up a tiny tiger 1hp from a buddy for 10$ its in mint condition its from the 60s i think the only problem is carb not working its was clogged and he opened it up and lost some parts from inside so i've been looking for a complete working carb if any knows of any please contack me thanks in advance

First, Welcome to the forum!

Second- $10 that’s an amazing deal on a Tiny Tiger, you’re very fortunate!

Third-can you add some photos of your carburetor? We can probably figure out which parts are missing. You’ll probably need a new diaphragm and gasket anyway.

:WMOM:

Please post some pictures of the carb so we can identify the type & advise what parts are missing.

Also don't forget the clean out any old crumbly foam from the air cleaner/filter and check out the carb rebuild thread if you haven't already seen it.

David

thanks for the welcome to the forum yea got it with a old double camp stove and a catalytic 3500btu camp heater great deal i just seen someone else post it looks exactly like the one i need. i took out old stuff from air filter before anythig it was disintegrating lol 

tiny tiger.png

i just took these pics that last pic was from one i found on google 

WIN_20200309_16_14_26_Pro.jpg

WIN_20200309_16_14_49_Pro.jpg

just checked out the member factory tutorial on that carb and it looks the same as mine only difference is the gas line port position and i noticed its only missing the little lever/arm inside has the rest it runs i just blew thru the top of gas tank to get gas to carb and starts right up

Glad to hear you got it to fire so easily, that’s not always the case... Was the diaphragm still fairly soft and pliable?

yes everything in perfect condition overall the whole thing is in excellent condition it was only used on one vacation for 3 days back when it came out and stored away 

Edited by francisco

:WMOM:

Glad to have you aboard francisco!

I might have an arm for ya but not the spring. If you have a spring it's good even though those things seem a little flimsie.

i have the same one as in the tutorial that factory the member on here put up a few posts up just the carb intake port is in a slightly different location same arm and spring and the little bar

Edited by francisco

i also have all the paper work and instructions with the parts list for it its in the original box i could look up part number for you if that helps

and i just noticed that the plate for it the rim of it the little lip that it has is bent about half way around

Edited by francisco