Wallfish

Mono Chainsaw

Never tried

They also show a 3 inch set for a different saw than you posted with the 3.5 set. In the 3 inch set there's a smaller one which seems very close to the right size for an O&R recoil so that's the set I ordered before trying to save the original. Once it arrives, I'll check it out and let you know if it will work. You can have it if it does.

9 hours ago, Wallfish said:

Slow progress on this one but it's close.

Sometimes slow is better especially if your trying to get an old decal off. That came out great:omg:

I will look today I may have a push button that would work on your saw.

(And you said you couldn't paint)

3 hours ago, Wallfish said:

Never tried

They also show a 3 inch set for a different saw than you posted with the 3.5 set. In the 3 inch set there's a smaller one which seems very close to the right size for an O&R recoil so that's the set I ordered before trying to save the original. Once it arrives, I'll check it out and let you know if it will work. You can have it if it does.

Cool, yeah definitely let me know. Somehow I didn’t see any other versions when I bought the 3.25” set. I just checked the website again and found the 3” set, bummed I didn’t see that before. I’ll be curious if that’s smaller decal is small enough for the recoil.

The 3" size is a little smaller for the chain cover than the original so I'll trade ya for one of the bigger decals if the smallest one fits the recoil.

22 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

I will look today I may have a push button that would work on your saw.

(And you said you couldn't paint)

That would be great if have something.:tthankyou: Haven't been able to find anything for a button yet.

The paint always looks better in the pics.

I'm still looking thought I had some small one but so fare this are the only ones I found there a little big.

IMG_3725[1].JPG

IMG_3726[1].JPG

IMG_3727[1].JPG

look on ebay this is what I was looking for just cant find them Part # 57289-1 you should know that number its for a Homelite

6 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

you should know that number its for a Homelite

That's funny, was just thinking last night about using a Homelite choke  knob as they're fairly small. Unfortunately there's no spare out there as they're all on engines. I don't keep spares of those engines around like the O&Rs.

Placed an order last night for the Homelite choke knobs. It wasn't much more for 4 NOS knobs than it was for one so there's some extra if anyone happens to need one. They'll get added in with the extra NOS parts bin for the Homelite collection.  Might go pull one off of the tools to see how it looks.

Almost done, just waiting on a chain cover decal from Sugarcreek and get the oiler knob on.

This little chain cover reminded me why painting is low on the fun list. Sanded and cleaned for the 1st coat then the 2nd coat flaked in some spots because of not waiting for the alcohol to completely evaporate. Start over and strip it for the new paint. Everything went well until a run right on the face of it during the second coat. Strip and clean it again. Then during the 2nd coat of the 3rd go, I dropped it on the floor. :banghead::banghead::banghead:  Started over again and 4th time's a charm.

IMG_0523.JPG.a2373378e6981449ac2fb28771c1e4ca.JPG

Being a gluten for punishment, the next project needs a full paint job with quite a few pieces, so hopefully there's no need for a BFH !!!!!

Doing this stuff at night after work didn't really leave much time for patience but it seems time shouldn't be an issue soon. In order to do our part concerning the current circumstances we will be closing the doors after this week and holding on tight until this virus spreading can be controlled. Technically we can still work and operate because of some loopholes in the directive but being part of the problem is the problem. Some sacrifice may be part of a solution, maybe not. But doing nothing to help is definitely not part of any solution IMO.

I'll figure it out after a couple to a few weeks but hopefully the O&R collection doesn't need to go up for sale at bargain prices to stay a float. You bargain hunter O&R vultures aren't eating here! LoL

Let me see what the decals from Sugarcreek look like first if they ever get here.

The Homelite buttons are a perfect fit. It snapped on to the oiler shaft like it belonged on there without any modifications. Just needed to tap it with a rubber mallet.  I like the size too

IMG_0524.JPG.94d122a575d0af21b9e105057ca5998c.JPG

That’s nice! The knob looks made for it!

:fingerscrossed: On the decals... I remember it took a couple weeks to get mine, they might make to order.

I

1 minute ago, Webhead said:

I can see a couple of spots that need to be re-painted...

I think your rite that side cover needs to be done again I see a few flows 4 times is no sufficient .

One more time will make you a painter.

Oh man, you guys are mean so now I'm gonna go cry. :rain:

Truth is it's a PITA to baby new paint and I didn't have the patience to watch paint dry so it was still a little soft during assembly. Plus the castings on these aren't the cleanest job with some pitting and bad spots. Mostly on the handle too.

Seeing your Mono coming along so nicely is inspiring me to maybe go “Mono y Mono” and take mine out and start working on it.  I’m not a big fan of the bright neon green paint on mine but there is enough there to probably keep it original. I will need to repaint the chain cover and the recoil housing. I’m planning to also remove the paint from all the engine pieces and maybe take the remaining flaked paint off the main handle and just leave it with a brushed Aluminum finish. It might look nice having both handles bare metal. Really don’t like when they painted everything, wires and all...

15 minutes ago, CNew said:

maybe go “Mono y Mono” 

Good one! :lol:

The casting on my handle wasn't to good so not sure what you'll find under that paint. Sand everything well and use etching primer and the paint will stick if you need to go that route.

The paint came off of the engine parts fairly easy because it never adhered but like JUSTO&R said, it seems to like the green paint since most of it's still stuck on there. See you're a gluten for punishment too. Didn't that outboard teach you anything? :poke:

Ahhhh, yes you had to bring up the outboard... I still need to get back to that one.  Maybe I should hold off on the Mono and make some more progress on the outboard and the other saw first.  Self control.... it’s too easy to get distracted and partially into several of these projects. 

It looks like the green paint on my Mono is adhered pretty well to the engine parts but seems pretty flaky on the aluminum handle so hopefully that won’t be too much trouble.

Just spent some time on the outboard. I’m just going to need to get in a rhythm and pick away at it a little at a time - so tedious!