Captian

Nichols model d set. # 6369

Just found your blog on Nichols generator. Almost gave up on finding anything on it. Cleaning out the old mans shop. Looks like it’s pretty clean unit. Compression seems real good, sucks my finger in hard. No gas storage in tank no cracks or bulging. No batteries in box but there is a small amount of scale from battery. I fix a lot of everything. From where sit I  think it  would run with  small amount of clean out etc. can anyone give me an idea on what it’s worth? I’m retired and have to many other projects that come first. This unit been in shop as long I can remember. I’m sure it’s a 1 owner, I don’t remember ever seeing it run when I was a kid. Thanks for any feedback 

F9905900-1E42-41A1-AAD2-D9314A7A7D01.jpeg

D30015AA-9319-427B-9042-ADAF293BB240.jpeg

7102D4B7-E789-4581-A3C1-94A0FAD3095F.jpeg

839DEF06-6AF7-41AD-952A-5E3277B59511.jpeg

That’s a beauty, you won’t have any trouble selling it on here - there are at least 4 of us ready to fight over it:thumbs:

That’s great, looks like Webhead is first in line. I don’t know how he does it... If he passes I’m definitely interested.  

I’m sure Webhead will reach out to you shortly but if you want to send him a note you can click on his name next to his picture and it will take you to his profile where you can send a Private Message (PM).

51 minutes ago, CNew said:

That’s a beauty, you won’t have any trouble selling it on here - there are at least 4 of us ready to fight over it:thumbs:

:WMOM:Captain

1 hour ago, Webhead said:

$250-$300 is my estimate. Box is a plus. I am interested if you want to sell.

What's this?

You collect'n again?

Think the easiest way for me you all just send offers so I don’t have to drive myself crazy trying to chase around on this site to learn what’s what’s. 

Also I have what looks like near new scissor sharpening machine Nielsen

(J-100  ) can’t find anything on it either yet made here In Eugene Oregon. 

11 hours ago, Wallfish said:

What's this?

You collect'n again?

He definitely knows how to pop in at just the right time :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

Clint looks like your next in line but don't hesitate I'm just waiting in the back

Sent you a PM on this...

:WMOM:

Very nice, only the second boxed generator of this type we have seen, the other is the Creme Lure version in this thread (post #12);

David

20 hours ago, Webhead said:

$250-$300 is my estimate. Box is a plus. I am interested if you want to sell.

I can't comment on value for these as I haven't seen enough sold, but a nice boxed Tiny Tiger generator can go for that sort of price and they are far more common.

David

29 minutes ago, factory said:

I can't comment on value for these as I haven't seen enough sold, but a nice boxed Tiny Tiger generator can go for that sort of price and they are far more common.

David

David, remember, there are no eBay/paypal fees if you sell on this forum, not to mention, it may have been worth more a week ago. Who's wallet is wide open right now?

I was just telling JustO&R that I recently picked up a Tiny Tiger with the larger style tank to try to round out the generators in my collection.  If I had known this Nichols generator was going to become available I would have kept my TT $$$ and been in a much better position to step up in a bigger way on this. It’s always a timing problem...

Captain messaged me yesterday instead of Joe, probably because I quoted his post. I sent him a message to contact Joe but Joe told me he had a moment of weakness. I did send him an offer before reading all the posts here but he hasn't returned a response. I'll send him your way Clint if he does respond or possibly he'll see this first. Don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Hope it works out, I didn't make an offer as I've spent too much recently (that minibike mostly), plus the £ has dropped in value a lot (TP will be worth more soon :yankchain:).

David

Well she showed up today she looks in good shape I will need to do fuel lines carburetor the normal

don't think I will take it all apart like John but i will use a few Q-tip and clean it up

IMG_3757[1].JPG

IMG_3765[1].JPG

IMG_3766[1].JPG

IMG_3767[1].JPG

IMG_3758[1].JPG

1.JPG.82b46c725f9cbb091b5b6c916722e6d9.JPG

2.JPG.c89d0ae9872ee3c289275f2f6ccf95b4.JPG

We need a fetcher to turn pic right side up

Never really noticed that super long cooling baffle before on any of these.

You can use an app called CamScanner on your smart phone, which is free and pretty simple to use, for posting files of any documents. I know, old men and technology don't mix but this is real easy to use if you want to try it and you don't use a flipper. These documents would be nice to add to the files section.