Captian

Nichols model d set. # 6369

I work on lawn mower for a living I'm not a computer goro I'm lucky I can add a pic.

Just turn your computer upside down and you will be able to see it just fine.

On 4/3/2020 at 12:58 PM, JUST O&R said:

We need a fetcher to turn pic right side up

Fixed'm for ya Sling Blade. :poke:

I need to find a cover for the light bulb. Since you're the lawn mower man, would you happen to have a clear fuel primer bulb that size?

You have got skills just don't know for what:tthankyou:  I have clear primers in a few sizes I will look tomorrow.

how do they attach never took one apart.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:45 PM, Wallfish said:

You can use an app called CamScanner on your smart phone, which is free and pretty simple to use, for posting files of any documents. I know, old men and technology don't mix but this is real easy to use if you want to try it and you don't use a flipper. These documents would be nice to add to the files section.

If anyone has a flatbed scanner and can email high resolution images I can create a pdf from those too.

David

3 hours ago, factory said:

If anyone has a flatbed scanner and can email high resolution images I can create a pdf from those too.

David when I get to the shop I will do my best at getting you that info.

On 4/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, JUST O&R said:

David when I get to the shop I will do my best at getting you that info.

Thank you, no rush as I guess you're still busy in the shop fixing lawnmowers.

David

On 4/5/2020 at 10:22 AM, factory said:

David forgot all about this. just got the generator out was going to see if I could find time to get it running .

I will get this done this week.

Thanks Terry, there's no rush scan them when you have time, I usually scan in high resolution to PNG files, but JPG files would probably be better for email.

David

1 hour ago, JUST O&R said:

Just got the generator out was going to see if I could find time to get it running.

Cant wait to see more pics of the Nichols and hear how it runs!

Thank you to Terry @JUST O&R for scanning the manual for the Nichols generator Model D, it has now been added to the manuals sticky thread.

It reveals the purpose of what looked like a glass lamp inside (found by @Wallfish in the Creme Lure generator refresh thread), it's actually an overload protection thermostat.

David

Just decided to work on this generator today it been slow here I guess because of fathers day. Thought I would get her running

before I set it on the shelf wiring looked pretty good . I'm not going to take the generator off of the engine and mess up the wires.

the rest looks pretty good .

IMG_3838[1].JPG

IMG_3844[1].JPG

IMG_3845[1].JPG

IMG_3846[1].JPG

Ya I told you I would send you a video when I got it running did not think it would have taken this long.

but the guy's here will tell you im a little slow. had one about 30 year before I got it done.

5 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

I'm not going to take the generator off of the engine and mess up the wires.

The problem I had was separating the generator halves to get inside of that section for cleaning and repairs. That set up with the clutch connection will let it separate and go back together very easily. Not sure it really needs to come apart but just in case you wanted to open up the engine.

That's great to know just thought I would leave the rest together. the air filter was not sucked in .It all looks good

so I will do the carb  (a) little cleaning and get her back together . Not a lot of time to do much just would like to

get something done.

Got a little time this morning got the carb back in together. We are working at lightning speed todays. need to clean out the tank does

anyone know how the fuel pickup is in this tank fuel inlet to small to put my spy camera in .

IMG_3849[1].JPG

IMG_3850[1].JPG

IMG_3851[1].JPG

IMG_3852[1].JPG

IMG_3853[1].JPG

3 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

anyone know how the fuel pickup is in this tank fuel inlet to small to put my spy camera in .

No idea without trying to look inside with my cheap borescope camera, will see if I get a chance at the weekend.

David

7 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

anyone know how the fuel pickup is in this tank

The line goes straight down and has one of those cone type filters with a screen on it on the end. The cone is too large to fit out of the fill tube too.

Mine was broken off so to repair it a hole was drilled in the tank but on the opposite side of where I marked in the pic. The only solution to fix it so... The circle cutout was glued back in using Seal All. Undetectable unless the engine is removed.

Is it clogged? Best to work on it slowly soaking carb cleaner in it until it loosens up if so.

2029448567_IMG_38521.JPG.be6f20fe63041e020752c65d8e2e1c48.JPG

I'm not sure if its clogged yet just getting ready to go threw the tank.

just thought I would ask before I scre#ed something up never had one

like this apart. the meier  line saw had a rubber line and a filter that was a pain in the a$$

that were the little spy cam came from .

19 hours ago, Wallfish said:

Is it clogged? Best to work on it slowly soaking carb cleaner in it until it loosens up if so.

Will carb cleaner cause any damage to the plastic, I would hate to find out why these tanks end up damaged the hard way.

David

Didn't have any problem using carb cleaner. Used it to clean out the old gas and oil residue inside the tank of mine. BUT, I didn't leave it sit in there for a very long period of time either, probably less than hour or so total. Then blew it out to evaporate what was leftover too

The fuel line is not completely clogged but the tank has a good amount of slug in the bottom

I will try to clean out the tank and see what happens. Thanks for all the input 

Back to work this week sent my wife to Florida for a few weeks .  I will go down on Saturday for a few days

its hard to getaway this time of year. Got the tank cleaned out today and I am repairing were the battery acid

melted the plastic on the lower screw that holds it to the tank. ( best to take the battery's out :banghead: :banghead:

The battery acid seems to eat in to the plastic.

IMG_3876[1].JPG

IMG_3877[1].JPG

IMG_3878[1].JPG

IMG_3879[1].JPG