Wallfish

screw head type?

My memory is leaving as fast as my hair is.

What's the head type called on the original machine screws? Ran out of #6 x 3/4 screws for the recoils so looking to try and order some black oxide screws

John, I don't think that they are pan heads, but nevertheless, I have a bag of them, probably 1" long, but have not been blackened. Exact screws otherwise.

29 minutes ago, Webhead said:

John, I don't think that they are pan heads, but nevertheless, I have a bag of them, probably 1" long, but have not been blackened. Exact screws otherwise.

might be easier to just paint the heads flat black. Can only find them in large bulk.

I'll take them, shoot me a PM on what you want for them

Funny, I’ve been on the hunt for these as well but couldn’t justify buying a massive amount.  The stainless Fillisters are easy to find. I was tempted to buy a few and a black oxidizing kit to see if that might get them close enough...

Yes definitely Fillister head screws, @Webhead has helped with the Phillips type used on most engines, I've also found a UK supplier (Accu) for the Slotted type used on the early engines, I ordered a couple of samples of chemical blackened versions with my last order from them.

SAM_6149a.jpg.f08dc8aa7013503b45818b658e705260.jpg

McMaster Carr have stainless steel Phillips Fillister head screws in sensible order quantities, they also have Slotted version in both zinc plated steel & stainless steel;

https://www.mcmaster.com/fillister-head-machine-screws

David

5 hours ago, factory said:

McMaster Carr have stainless steel Phillips Fillister head screws in sensible order quantities, they also have Slotted version in both zinc plated steel & stainless steel;

I’ve had good luck with McMaster and even the local Ace Harware stores here in the US for Phillips Fillisters in stainless steel.