hi can anybody  help me  as to regarding a wolseley major merry tiller i just bought one and im trying to find out  about  the engine  in case it needs some parts  all i know  is its a Suzuki s200 5hp don't know how old it  is  at all  i know  my  machine  is 1972  and i wanted  to know if they did a manual on this engine im pretty sure  suzuki stopped making  it years ago  but don't know  how far back  so if any of you got some information i would be truly  great full thanks 

no its not  but its a rare engine  b suzuki and i just wanted  to find  out  if u can get any bits  for  it the is a chap who just done one up on here and its the same engine 

Hi, yes it was me who had the merry tiller with the same engine. Definately not the original engine & as you said, they are extremely rare & I don't fancy your chances of obtaining parts for it. Why don't you post some photos & explain what you need. There are ways of getting round things & plenty of good brains in this group.

This was mine but I sold it

IMG_20190127_133203.jpg

IMG_20190202_150710.jpg

Hi thanks for your reply I just bought mine but I haven’t picked it up yet can u tell me more on your engine how did it perform is it a good one or a piece of junk I’m gone restore mine like you did for my Alotment and debating on fitting a more upto date engine b&s engine because parts are more easy to get hold of I’m not sure if the engine is working or not until I can get it home and work on it  but my intentions is to keep it and use the machine

It was a decent engine. Check it has compression & a spark. I would doubt it is old enough to have points, so could be bad news if there is no spark. Check the oil level as this will give you an idea if has been looked after. At the end of the day, even if the engine is shot you can always fit something else.

yes  thanks did you ever  find anything about  this  engine  i have searched and im getting nothing on this engine only outboard engine no information what so  ever  i don't suppose u got any  engine numbers  i can punch in to give me some idea how old  these engines are  there is just no  picts  of  it at all  or year of  build 

There is a manual for this engine on eBay for £6 at the moment. It confirms that it has transistorised ignition, so no points. As I said earlier, check the compression, spark & oil & if all good you should buy it if the price is right. Blocked carburettors can always be cleaned if you take care

Hello I didn’t find anything for it I don’t surpose you have the details for it on eBay I would buy the manual  I looked for something for this engine but I got nothing only outboard boat  engines so if you can give me the details I would be very great full thanks

Hi I just texted the guy about engine it’s got compression and it turns over and oil is good but it’s missing drive belt that’s not a problem but it’s missing filter cover for it like yours what are the chances of obtaining one got any ideas thanks