Rayp

Tractor Parts excellent Service

Some time ago I purchased a Transdenser from Kirk Engines.  This replaces the normal condenser and makes timing a doddle with no need to look through holes at hard to see timing marks.  The Transdenser flashes when the engine is running and when my Tractor failed to start recently I noticed that the Transdenser lit but did not flash and I suspected it had malfunctioned.  I emailed Kirk Engines with the problem and Dave Kirk responded by return suggesting the points were the problem but offering to test and replace the Transponder without question if it proved to have malfunctioned.

Dave proved to be correct.  I cleaned and reset the points (which were replaced when the Transdenser was fitted) with WD-40 electrical cleaner, but the problem remained. I, therefore, followed Dav's advice to test the Transdenser which showed that it had not malfunctioned.

I returned to the points, rechecked the gap and cleaned them again with brake cleaner on a piece of paper and I'm glad to say the Tractor finally fired into action.

I thought I would write this post as it is rare to experience such good service and to recommend Kirk Engines if anyone is seeking the Tractor parts which it supplies and many of which are not readily available elsewhere.