expeatfarmer

Start of a new era for Ransomes

Thanks Norman you are welcome for a social distance coffee if you are passing. I was pleased to be able to extract the set for photos before they left, extracting the whitlock will be a tougher job.

Good to see them in your garden Harry looks like plenty of playing space.

Part of the fun of collecting the crawlers was meeting new people with shared enthusiasm for these machines. Strangely, going through all my glory holes and pulling out all the machines and spares I have and then dealing with new enthusiasts looking for  parts has been equal fun it is good to know that as a result of my bits many other machines will be up and running.It has also been really pleasing to see that many of the enthusiasts are youngsters late teens and early twenties as well as the older group. I still have piles of stuff to go through so if anyone is needing a particular part I am happy to have a look and see if I have one.

Another three gone today, two MG6 and the Jarrett MG5, Had a disaster with TVo MG6 spent the whole day yesterday serciceing and getting it started, ran for a couple of minutes and then big bang crankshaft snapped through one of the webs, conrod through the block piston smashed serious mess, fortunately I have enough spares to build up a replacement but never the less they are not leaving without a fight. Now down to 137, Digger, ITW Barge and two sand skimmers.

IMG_1868.JPG

1449467899_I3010001(2).JPG.624e882758c206af72f6def44018d863.JPG

That is a con rod from a 10.8 HP Coventry Climax engine in a 1937 Triumph Gloria that my father bought in 1963.
Hence the price of £5 for the whole car.
It took out the side of the block, split the camshaft, burst the timing case and the nearside engine mounting.

You did tell me to do a write up on my Gloria resurrection in September last year and I have managed to get some photos together but I just haven't seemed able to get the time to do the write up.
Once the nights get a bit darker and I have to walk the dog in the afternoon instead of evening I'll make an effort to start a topic on the subject.