Martin H

C-125 gearbox dilemma

Hello all,

I'm in need of some education and advice...:)

My 125 is down to 2 gears in low gear and reverse, nothing in the higher ratios. Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding good information for sorting out the gearbox and transmission please  ..? A good diagram as to how it all works would be a good start...:)

Cheers,

Martin H.

Edited by Martin H

Thanks Stormin, will do and my lips are sealed...:)

And Meadowfield, yes stripping it would be my expectation. Getting the side plate off will be my first challenge..:)

Sorry, been away..

Thanks everyone, but I think this is beyond me and the capability of my workshop, I'll have to keep muddling through with the gears I have..:) Although I can select them eventually, the ones in high ratio lose power on small slopes, so maybe it's something else other than the fork? Could it be the drive belt?

Anyway I have a worse problem in that the bearing has gone on one of the mule drive pulleys. Anyone have a solution? Maybe point me to a replacement bearing or pulley?

Cheers,

Martin

Hi Martin. Could be the clutch slipping why you lose drive. Is there a big gap between the plates? Should be about 12thou I believe. Easy enough to adjust by the rod to the pivot. What is the clutch plate like? Is it badly worn?

As to the mule drive, what type are the pulleys?  The pressed steel ones or solid ones. The pressed steel ones would need the rivets drilling out to replace the bearings. The bearings on the solid ones are held in y circlips I think. Bearings can be got from a bearing factor. Should be one near you.

May even get you a pulley similar.

Hi Stormin,

An elementary question, how do I get in to inspect the plates to begin with?

(As to the mule drive...it's the v shaped one that's gone. Not sure if they are pressed steel, I can't see any rivets. There may be small dents from spot welds, but hard to tell.. The wide one looks like it's made of two halves, but the v shaped looks like it's one piece. Anyway, I've taken your advice and tracked down a supplier and ordered a new wheel altogether, seems like the best thing to do as it's quite urgent that it gets replaced as soon as)..

Thanks,

M.

The clutch is on the end of the crankshaft. Where you fit the belt to the mower deck via the mule drive. A double pulley held on by a C shaped bar. The bar has a pin/clip, that that when removed the pulleys just slide of when the C bar is swung out of the way. That's the best description I can give.

The dents you can see on the pulley are spot welds. My error.