Ph0en1x_uk

Ransomes MG2 Flywheel - Remanufacture

Hi all,

I would like to test the waters regarding the Ransomes MG2 Flywheel.

I am aerospace design engineer by trade and run a small engineering company in the UK with several CNC machines. Although I am an MG5 owner, it has come to my attention that the MG2 flywheel is prone to failure.
Neil Jarret has kindly posted me one to inspect, and with his knowledge I am pleased to say that we have an accurate 3D CAD model and engineering technical drawing.

I am therefore proposing running a small batch of these, however, before I do so I would like to gauge the level of interest & commitment from the market place. The last thing I want is shelf full of MG2 flywheels on my hands for years to come.
So, if you are interested, then please post or comment below. I will then take your details and add you to the list to effectively 'reserve' one for you.

Flywheels will be manufactured from EN8 Steel and Clear Zinc Passivated.

Price: £194.95 each.

All items are manufactured in the United Kingdom.

gc98_88_1.jpg

gc98_88_2.jpg

We need to get some serious commitments to order these before we could consider manufacture due to the set up costs.

If you do think you need a flywheel please do not sit back and wait for them to be available as currently it appears there is not enough demand.