CNew

Ohlsson & Rice: Odd Piston & Rod

Anyone know what type of O&R engine uses these large, beefy pistons and connecting rods? I’ve never opened up a 20A, is that what this is for?

2B79A070-12FB-40DA-B3A6-153109E9D155.jpeg

180F320A-FAFF-41B8-A8CA-76FB34F43F26.jpeg

I don't think that is anything to do with O&R engines, the Series 20A has a one piece crankshaft, no chance of fitting that. Did it come with some O&R spares?

I thought I had uploaded the 20A manual. :poke:

1195096633_OhlssonRice20AMaintenanceManualPage2Aea.jpg.3fe153fd780b14a3bf9f084c3f2d9dc4.jpg

David

Thanks David. I just didn’t have time to look through the 20A manual last night.  I did get it with some other O&R parts.  Maybe it’s for a small Tecumseh or something. I’ll be sure to purge it from my O&R spares...

Maybe if you add some dimensions and we could move this to the "What is it?" section, someone might recognise it.

O&R stopped using alloy con-rods in the model engines that pre-date the Compact engine, the alloy con-rods couldn't handle the modern glow fuels of the era, the replacement steel con-rods wouldn't bend and the worse case scenario was the cylinder getting blown off instead, or the crankcase splitting.

David