Tonyc

Westwood gemini problems

Hi all I bought a westwood gemini and I'm trying to get it started , I need some help sorting out the throttle and governor linkage setup .hopefully someone on here can help me out please 

Hi Tony, take a few photos of how it all looks now & what your issue is. I am sure someone on here can help. I assume it is the original Suffolk engine

Hi thanks for the reply , yes it's the Suffolk engine, I've got a spark so all good there but I need to know how the governor plate and linkage and springs are set up . Also the pulley that attaches to the clutch that applies the tension is missing and I dont know what one to get and how its held on and finally lol the fuel tap is leaking so need to renew it if you could suggest a replacement please 

Screenshot_20200529-224809_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200529-224822_Facebook.jpg

Ok so I've sorted the linkage but I really need to know what pulley I need for the clutch and how its held in place and what fuel tap would fit the tank

Hi me again does anyone own or know where I can get the pulley that takes up the tension on the belt please or maybe a part number even a pulley that I can get that would work from another model cheers

Cannot see from your photo but is the whole arm missing or just the bearing section that pushes on the belt. If you can find a cheap knackered Flymo DM most parts are interchangeable. The belt on these is A20.5 as it is just a bit longer than the A20 on the DM

Hi thanks for info , the arm is there just pulley I need if I knew the diameter and width of it I could probably find a pulley off the net 

Morning, not sure of the dimensions as I don't have mine anymore, but you can make one with a couple of bearings & a couple of large washers. Just measure the diameter of the remaining stub & how much length you have available before the circlip groove. When I did this previously I put a slightly larger diameter washer on each end to act as a lead for the belt. It all depends how much length you have before the circlip.