Sharri Dandy

Atco boatimpellor

Just picked this up as a future project. Always wanted one :D Im pretty familiar with the villiers workings but Im struggling for information. Loads of history but not much technical stuff. It looks as if it has been well cared for at some point winterised then stored. Appreciate any help.

15922517078414463216698200516001.jpg

Villiers Midget engine? I've got an operating instructions and parts list for the MK2 & 3 Midget in a PDF if it's any use to you?

PM my your email if you want a copy.

Interesting that you say it's ATCO. I never knew they produced such an item !. I see the tank is an adapted standard ATCO.

Could do with a few more pics of the engine. May be the Mk1 79cc version?. Is it water-cooled?. Looks direct drive with only 2 blades on the propellor.

Carb looks like a V508c/1. Can't remember if the needle taper/jet size is the same on both versions.

Villiers Midget MK2/3 Manual is in the Downloads section (on the header line in Home page). if it is the 79cc version, I should be able to obtain some info, but not immediately.

Defo an air cooled Atco. Apparently a whopping 3/4 hp (thats three quarters) so won't win any races against a longtail in Thailand. Most of the ones I have seen have the heated carry handle better known as an exhaust that goes the full length of the upper section and gets very hot apparently. This has the dumpy muffler. The carb is the standard villiers fitted to many Seagulls. I literally have a bucket full of these as spares. Not sure about the jetting. Im not familiar with Atco but I have revived many Villiers Seagulls. Im more of a sypathtic repairer/restorer who likes to see a machine with a few battle scares that could tell a tale or two but I may spend a little more time on this one.

Many thanks for the info

20200616_201555.jpg

20200616_201659.jpg

20200616_201818.jpg

20200616_201934.jpg

Atco was up against the likes of Seagull whos engines claimed to be two or three times the hp and weighed less. Atco decide to stick to what they knew and apparently made a good little business out of it.