nobby490

Qualcast cultimatic delux

Hi can anybody tell me about the qualcast cultimatic deluxe gearbox bearing and oil seals I have a leake on the left hand side and I wanted to know can they be changed for new ones and where would you get them thanks

Assuming that by gearbox you are referring to the chain case , the answer is yes, BUT look at the attached IPLs and it would appear that there are two designs of chain case . The one specifically for the De Luxe appears to just have a felt washer as an oil seal and looks as though it can be accessed by removing a circlip and a steel washer, but if the bearing has failed that could be more complicated as it appears to be a welded chain case assembly and a special bearing puller will be needed. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5je16slddhk3zq/Qualcast Cultimatic0002.pdf?dl=0

Hi thanx for getting back to me I seen the picts you sent mine is the first one which is the sealed one but there is a 2 washers one steal and one is fibre and the is a bearing and oil is leaking past the bearing in my handbook it don’t show the brearing

I think that your "fibre " one is what they call felt and it wont be difficult to get hold of a bit of felt and make one . You may even be able to get one from an old stock parts supplier such as Jon Cruse at the Hailsham Mower Centre.

I presume that the welded case assembly does have an oil filler plug ? If so, I suggest that you get some semi fluid grease which will lubricate but be slower to leak out.

Plenty on that auction site or from Morris Lubricants on-line shop.

hi thanks yes  you right  that is the same as  mine but i think i can take the bearing  out  and get one made  up and  hopefully solve the leak the question is  will the  bugger  come out easy  or  not   lol 

Unless the bearing is worn I would leave well alone, renew the felt seal and fill the chaincase with semi fluid grease. 

If the bearing has to come out you will need the type of extractor that uses a ball with flat sides . Presented to the bearing with the flats pushed between the races they are then turned through 90 degrees so that the ball engages and locked between the inner and outer races. 

Two, opposite one another are the connected to a puller beam . A lot of hassle when a bit of felt and some “thick oil “ would do the job.

I just hope that the genius who specified the welded chain case was well rewarded !! 

does  anyone  any one  know  what  lever throttle fit  the qualcast cultimatic deluxe  only i bought  new carb  for it but im not getting any  luck with it it fires  up but there  is  no power  in the engine  and its running very  rich so im assuming  its some thing to do  with the governor  and the throttle  thanks

Post a couple of images. Existing throttle lever, new and old carbs and the linkage between where the governor shaft comes out of the block and the carb. 

Even better, if it’s a Briggs engine, the Model, Type and Code.