MarkC

K.C. Wiggins Champ Series 75 model 230-12 generator (Sold)

Apologies for joining the forum just to sell something, but having found myself in possession of this machine, I figured it belongs in the hands of an enthusiast, so here I am. This has been sitting unused in a garage for at least 25 years. I'm in Surrey, England, but I've listed on ebay with their global shipping program, so it can go to most destinations worldwide.

Ebay listing here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274404438824

Previous forum thread about these machines here:

ChampCropped1.jpg

ChampCropped2.jpg

ChampCropped3.jpg

ChampCropped4.jpg

ChampCropped5.jpg

ChampCropped6.jpg

ChampCropped7.jpg

Edited by MarkC
Removed global shipping.

10 minutes ago, MarkC said:

ebay with their global shipping program, so it can go to most destinations worldwide.

:WMOM:

I'm glad to see the global shipping is not showing on the listing, as they seized a similar generator one of the forum members had bought in the US. :( Engines & some engine parts are restricted items under the global shipping programme, as are other things like vacuum tubes/valves, they can either resell or dispose of restricted items.

David

9 minutes ago, factory said:

I'm glad to see the global shipping is not showing on it, as they seized a similar generator one of the forum members had bought in the US, engines and some engine parts are restricted items under the global shipping programme, as are other things like vacuum tubes/valves, they can either resell or dispose of restricted items.

David

Thanks for the tip. I did check the program rules, and didn't see anything that would prohibit it, though I guess maybe it would be assumed to contain flammable fuel (that's really not the case, it's dry as bone after the length of time it's been standing). In any case, now you've tipped me off I won't be taking the risk. I shall remove the global shipping from the listing.

Edit: And now because it already has a bid, I can't untick the GSP box. Well, if it's not showing up I guess it's not a problem. Perhaps that is automatic as I put it under the generators category.

Edited by MarkC

I checked on ebay.com, it wasn't showing GSP, they are pretty good at removing the option in restricted categories, but sometimes items get listed in the wrong category and the option does show, then the item can get seized.

Also items that are too big or heavy will never get shipped abroad.

Proper shipping companies have no problem with engines (drained of oil/fuel), chainsaws and radio valves.

Edit: they don't like magnetos either, my Dad lost a working 1920's Eisemann twin magneto to them. :banghead:

David

Welcome Phil, there is lots of information on these engines, a carb repair guide and lots of other tools that are powered by O&R engines here;

https://myoldmachine.com/forum/74-ohlsson-and-rice/

I recommend either starting a new thread in the O&R section or asking on a similar thread, if you need any help or assistance with your restoration.

David

Hi David, thanks for that, i will definately share my findings when i come to restore it, it doesnt turn over very nicely at all so somethings going on in there.

got a few bits to do before i get to it but ill be back :thumbs:

Phil