CNew

Ohlsson & Rice: Life-Savr Generator

Just got back from the local hardware store and found something very close.

Good idea about the string- I’ll see if I can do something like that.

8ED456BD-3A66-481F-A48B-299B7C3FC102.jpeg

That's a pretty good match!

String, bread ties, piece of cloth, paper clip, 2 of the kids to hold it ???

Anything you can use to hold it in and then be able to remove it.

24 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

String, bread ties, piece of cloth, paper clip, 2 of the kids to hold it ???

Now we know how he get his projects done ( two of the kids ) My problem is I sent them out of the house a few years back all I have is a cat.

Witch sometimes the clews come in handy ( mice snakes criders )

looks great all back together!!!

2 hours ago, CNew said:

Just got back from the local hardware store and found something very close.

Good idea about the string- I’ll see if I can do something like that.

8ED456BD-3A66-481F-A48B-299B7C3FC102.jpeg

Looks very similar to the brushes I put in in our ancient Black & Decker drill (one with a metal gearbox), seems to have outlasted many more modern plastic ones. I also save brushes from any motor or tool that gets scrapped.

Nice to see the inside of the generator too, never knew it used a slip ring for the rotor.

David

Is this one of the other ones that was on ePay recently? Just noticed it doesn't look as clean or shiny as the boxed one at the start of this thread.

David

Yep, I was fortunate enough to land this one as well. I actually want to use this one some and I have a project in mind. The first one is way too nice to use since it’s almost new condition, I plan to keep it in good condition.

Got the recoil done and all back together. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get it to run. It’s got spark and it sort of sputtered a couple times with the choke but never really got any signs of life at mid choke or run. Sort of seems like it’s not getting fuel for some reason. I mounted a temporary syringe of fuel above the carb and that didn’t work either, even after priming the carb several times. Strange, always a bummer after doing a complete rebuild...  walking away for now and will try again another day...

A18BFE6A-F0D1-4711-86FC-762D563C4C58.jpeg

Ok, so I just couldn’t leave it alone. It always drives me crazy not being able to get‘em going so I decided to give it another go.  I cleared the carb again and adjusted the needle. Fired right up, sounds great!  I’ll have to test the generator function the next time I run it. Now I can sleep tonight...

9F131AEC-EC68-465C-9238-8E684DF4FBE0.jpeg