Rennie

Hedge Trimmer Restoration - parts help

Hi, im a new member that knew nothing a out the existence of O & R engines till a week ago when i became the owner of a Danarm Hedge Trimmer. Ive decided to attempt to restore it, but whilst it seems in a reasonable state need some help in where i might look for parts. Testing the magneto with a multimeter it appears to be dead ( broken HT im guessing) the engine is missing a tank too. Anyone know anything about this unit? (Photo inc) its age etc? Thanks in advance 😊

20200722_134420.jpg

20200722_134429.jpg

20200722_134515.jpg

20200721_001054.jpg

20200725_122533.jpg

Edited by Rennie

:WMOM:

Those hedge trimmers are the same type as others and many companies branded them under their own name. The tool part looks complete so that's good and we can help with engine parts if you need them.

It's rare to have a bad coil but yours looks to be missing the primary and secondary small wires.

That type of trimmer used a vertical style fuel tank. Good clean original tanks can be difficult to find but making a replacement might be a good idea until you can find one if it matters.

David @factory should be able to help with dating it.

Knowing your location would help too

Thanks WallFish, those cables are there disconnected them, whilst testing it with my multimeter. Im in Wales, UK. Will check out your contact. Good to know about the thank, will see what vertical tanks are about. Would there have been a send and return fuel pipe?

Just a single fuel line to the carb.

The most common issue for a no spark condition is the points. They're located under the flywheel and under that little panel. Clean the contacts well and also clean the spring where it contacts the little post.

This is a pic of the tank although the trimmer is different

IMG_0680.JPG.473af2b53df5e9f80db87d2c063cc308.JPG

:WMOM:

That explains what Danarm were importing & rebranding, it's a Grow Gear trimmer with a planetary gear box (not the same as Orline, etc), see the Grow Gear advert part way down the page here;

The fuel tank is plastic & fits the two smaller holes on the gearbox.

20200722_134429.jpg.60368def50659323184ab72c38797190a.jpg.6630c85636c1aa76cbf92e440f23e5a4.jpg

My later Grow-Gear for comparison (has different handle but other-wise the same).

SAM_9626a.jpg.62c0e9f6d58dbcd34db243825f064a13.jpg

David

20 hours ago, factory said:

planetary gear box (not the same as Orline, etc

Do you happen to have any pics of how that gearbox is set up on the inside?

The case itself looks just like the Orline and others except for the branding and those tank tabs.

8 hours ago, Wallfish said:
On 7/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, factory said:

planetary gear box (not the same as Orline, etc

Do you happen to have any pics of how that gearbox is set up on the inside?

The case itself looks just like the Orline and others except for the branding and those tank tabs.

I meant the reduction gearbox part, i.e. the section between the cutter/eccentric housing and the engine. And no I haven't looked inside mine as there are enough things in bits here.

David