CNew

WANTED: Parts for TAS J-12 Engine

David,

There looks to be a small oil fill hole near the base of the engine right below the carburetor. Does your engine have something similar? Seems a little odd to have an oil hole but I guess there is some internal gearing that depend on a little splash lubrications. I can’t think of any other reason this little fill hole is here.

Another question- there is a wire going inside the engine right next to the spark plug cable- I’m assuming this is for a kill switch?

CB88CF40-AEF7-4547-B3DA-AB6DC0BFD93D.jpeg

E4F1F8A7-4C71-45DD-8732-50B95B389C86.jpeg

The FMC engine was actually supplied as a kit, I have one still in the original package and several of them in various states of disrepair.

I'll have a close look to see if they have the crankcase screw, as it's a 2-stroke engine could it be for an optional pulse tube to use a different carb?

David

Wow, that’s cool to have those FMC engines.  Good thought on the pulse tube For the card idea. It is definitely odd. When I opened up the port it looks like an oil fill but like you said it’s a two stroke so that doesn’t make much sense. That section of the engine also has the ignition coil and no telling what else inside so it doesn’t seem like a good place to have oil sloshing around.  I got it all ready for a test run. I might try the 32:1 gas mix. Hopefully I can get it to fire.

Well I can tell you that the FMC engine doesn't have a crankcase screw, I'll start a new thread for that engine.

I've also had a look at the TAS motor I have here, it's a J-22 engine with the same power rating as your J-12, but it has some differences including the type of carb and it has a recoil starter. It does have a crankcase screw in the same place as your engine, it's just blanked off with a screw as well.

Pictures to follow later.

David

A bit later than planned :hide:.

Here is my TAS Motor engine type J-22, I put a rule against it so you can see the size, I took a picture showing the crankcase screw as well.

DSC_1401a.jpg.bb0825ccd164b12336f39383ed848e7a.jpg

DSC_1407a.jpg.29ec74fe7c83d8efb914e9f4058f3880.jpg

More pictures in the TAS thread;

David