Rayp

Mystery piece?

I have refurbished two Briggs & Stratton engines, a 5HP one from a Hayter 21, the other 7HP from an Osprey.  I am left with this piece (see photos) and am at a loss as to which engine it came from and where on that engine it fits.

Can anyone solve the mystery please?

P1010585.JPG

P1010586.JPG

P1010587.JPG

Right area but more round the cylinder fins the head. If the engine is back on the machine fitting the screw will require patience and dexterity as it will be right under the the cylinder. the circular cutouts go round the intake manifold between the carburettor and the block.

4 minutes ago, Wristpin said:

Right area but more round the cylinder fins the head. If the engine is back on the machine fitting the screw will require patience and dexterity as it will be right under the the cylinder. the circular cutouts go round the intake manifold between the carburettor and the block.

I meant the cylinder fins 🙄

Thank you both.  I have now looked again at the Parts Diagrams and can see what I didn't see before, i.e. its part nos. 306 and 307 and yes it's on the 5HP, which is already fitted back on the machine so I am not looking forward to fitting it.