ColinJ

Wheelhorse 512-D gearbox driveshaft bearing knackered

I am the fortunate owner of a 1986 Wheelhorse 512-D.

Unfortunately the gearbox has a knackered bearing on the input shaft.

Can anybody help with a contact that could overhaul the box? I don't have the facilities (or knowledge) to repair it.

Thanks

Colin

2 hours ago, Stormin said:

Hi Colin.

Try Iain (Slf-uk) He's in Norfolk. He and his son Joseph are a handy pair.

Thanks - will see if I can track him down.

they aren't that hard to fix, though that input shaft is the first thing you put in when you are re-assembling - so the last thing to come out :D

happy to guide you and tell you what bearing and seal you need if you fancy a go...  I've just rebuilt one two months ago.

pulling the hubs is the hardest bit though...  then a 9/16" spanner splits the case and it's easy after that.

7 hours ago, meadowfield said:

they aren't that hard to fix, though that input shaft is the first thing you put in when you are re-assembling - so the last thing to come out :D

happy to guide you and tell you what bearing and seal you need if you fancy a go...  I've just rebuilt one two months ago.

pulling the hubs is the hardest bit though...  then a 9/16" spanner splits the case and it's easy after that.

Many thanks for that. My problem is a lack of facilities. My normal workshop is out of commission at the moment.

I will try and get the box off and have a look and then get back to you for some more advice.

Colin