Sign in to follow this  
Chitzu

mower for allergy sufferers

Due to allergies I built a cab that is fairly air tight and makeup air is filtered,it works quite well and I don't have to wear that mask. The frame is thin wall 1inch square tubing and plexiglass and plywood make up the rest. Insulated with fiber board,carpet and spray foam. I have 3 good sized 12 volt thermo units on top with a fan cooling those and fans on the inside and a makeup air fan that pulls outside air through the air cleaner. An auto alternator provides power for the units. The large heatsinks are diodes to keep the 12 volt as a clean signal but the thermal units gradually stop working and after 2 years they get cool enough to collect moisture but that is about all, they are not worth the cost which is a fair amount.

I am gathering parts to put in freon unit but not till winter, with all this rain I have to mow every 4 days.

post-55-0-45603300-1375829779_thumb.jpg

post-55-0-06446300-1375829817_thumb.jpg

Very clever, it'll be interesting with A/C, man I think I would like that A LOT!  Does the auto alternator bog the engine down significantly?

Very clever, it'll be interesting with A/C, man I think I would like that A LOT!  Does the auto alternator bog the engine down significantly?

No it is hardly noticeable,I turn it on with a toggle switch and the motor pulls a little bit. With the fans and thermal running it is about 30 amps. The freon pulls a little harder but without those worthless thermal the amp load will be less so it should equal out pretty close. The fun part will be to pull the compressor from the bottom of the motor as I will still need enough amps to run fans on the evaporator and on the condenser and clutch.