pmackellow

Hayter Hawk Graveyard Mower

I went to the Machinery Sale at Ardingly Showground in Sussex this morning, and for a nominal sum added this to our collection...

Its a Hayter Hawk graveyard mower, the Briggs engine dates it to 1982 so in one way not that old but in another 32 years old...

post-99-0-72746600-1396708319_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-79506400-1396708341_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-76270900-1396708362_thumb.jpg

post-99-0-19475400-1396708389_thumb.jpg

I had one of those years ago. For life of me I cant remember what I done with it!

I also had big brother with 5hp B&S

Both good powerful mowers

Hello

As you talk about graveyard mowers, I remember that once I saw in french TV the mowers used by the american in the WWII graveyard in Normandy. They looked like this one but they had modified handlebars to pass "through" the crosses. The handlebar was moulded to be able to follow the arm of the cross ar every tomb. Do you understand? pretty hard to explain for me!!

Hello

As you talk about graveyard mowers, I remember that once I saw in french TV the mowers used by the american in the WWII graveyard in Normandy. They looked like this one but they had modified handlebars to pass "through" the crosses. The handlebar was moulded to be able to follow the arm of the cross ar every tomb. Do you understand? pretty hard to explain for me!!

Hi there, I think I understand what you mean,that is certainly a mower for a specific purpose !

Has anybody got a good shot of the oblong decal on the front of the machine please ??

I can make out Hayter, I assume the second part says Hawk...

Any assistance greatly appreciated... :tthankyou: