Avidcollector

Outboard motor

Hi guys, I have an Aquabug in pretty much mint condition. Had it running last week for the first time in who knows how long. It is made by Perry with the Ohlsson Rice engine and doesn't look to have ever been used. Any idea the value?

I also have a couple of Tiny Tiger generators and a Hedge Trimmer all with O&R engines that I'm thinking of selling.

Cheers

:WMOM:

Are you in the UK? as R. Perry & Co. are the company that imported the Aquabug from the US, I've not seen one of them for sale in the UK for many years so can't advise the current value.

Can you please post some pictures of what you have, there are a few different types of the Tiny Tiger and various hedge trimmers.

David

I've seen that exact Champ generator before, it was on ePay in February (but not for very long), as I was checking out where it was located the auction suddenly ended early, I was quite interested in the Champ manual that was with it. I see the spark-plug boot got replaced, did the original disintegrate?

w3a.jpg.9a6c1294440ab914a25f0c9cdf8f7c60.jpg w7a.jpg.781a2a1a41a9c551bd2754c967d752fe.jpg

That Aquabug looks in very nice condition, even has the three blade prop too, do note that the plastic covers on these are extremely fragile and most examples have cracks from where the fixings are, or worse still are completely missing if they have disintegrated.

David

Thanks David

Yes the original cap was perished though the other unit i have still has the original i believe. I keep looking for these outboard motors to try and get an idea of value but, apart from a few YouTube videos of them in action I haven't had much luck. That said, I do have a small canoe for fishing with an outboard mount so I may just take her out and put her to some use. Have you any idea the year of manufacture? I don't know what it is about these O&R engines but I really enjoy them. I would love to get my hands on some of the other tools they were fitted in.

Nice machines, here's my Aquabug (must fit the cowling although I do think it looks better without it)

Also two Amp Champs, one with O&R power and the other with an Italian Fox F7 engine in it

PC040025.JPG

PC040031.JPG

PC040026.JPG

PC040027.JPG

PC040028.JPG

PC040029.JPG

25 minutes ago, Avidcollector said:

Thanks David

Yes the original cap was perished though the other unit i have still has the original i believe. I keep looking for these outboard motors to try and get an idea of value but, apart from a few YouTube videos of them in action I haven't had much luck. That said, I do have a small canoe for fishing with an outboard mount so I may just take her out and put her to some use. Have you any idea the year of manufacture? I don't know what it is about these O&R engines but I really enjoy them. I would love to get my hands on some of the other tools they were fitted in.

We can give a date from the engine serial number, for older engines this will be stamped into the crankcase mounting flange edge on the carb side, the other side would have the engine model or type, for engines made after 1968 they put the serial number & type on the large cylinder baffle plate (aluminium plate on carb side), from August 1969 they no longer put any info on the crankcase flanges, it was only on the cylinder baffle plate.

Note: for engines made before June 1967 we can only estimate the date of production, after that they coded the year & month into the serial number.

The only sold prices for Perry Aquabug outboards I have are; £66 for one missing the plastic cover & tank and one that sold a very long time ago with the original box for around £120. They appear more often in the US.

If you haven't got the Aquabug manual you can find a pdf scan of mine here (post #17):

David

Fantastic information, thanks David. It would seem you are a guru with these things on here!

That's great, I'll print that off. I can get all my paperwork with the Tiny Tiger scanned in one day next week if it is of use to you guys, let me know.

Are the other tools, chainsaw, rip saw etc hard to come by in America? I was thinking about selling my bits and Bob's but to be honest I really enjoy having them and may just keep growing my collection.

22 minutes ago, Avidcollector said:

Fantastic information, thanks David. It would seem you are a guru with these things on here!

That's great, I'll print that off. I can get all my paperwork with the Tiny Tiger scanned in one day next week if it is of use to you guys, let me know.

Are the other tools, chainsaw, rip saw etc hard to come by in America? I was thinking about selling my bits and Bob's but to be honest I really enjoy having them and may just keep growing my collection.

The Champ generator your have is not a Tiny Tiger, unfortunately a lot of folk copy other peoples ePay listings and Tiny Tiger frequently appears when it shouldn't as a result.

This is a Tiny Tiger (imported by me), next to a Tiny Tor (bought in the UK);

SAM_5062a.jpg.1816b771934203e53fa91614736659ca.jpg

The chainsaws are very common in the US, but only a handful seem to have been found in the UK so far. Tiny Tigers are also very common in the US, most other tools not so common.

The most common in the UK are the Little Wonder hedge trimmers.

The Champ generator, Turbair crop sprayers and the Bridges Mini-Mota drill appear occasionally too.

A scan of the Champ instructions would be great to add to the forum, can you please email me them when you get time to scan them.

I'm not sure I've seen the separate page about the carb, the rest I think I have (some of which is available to download in the manuals thread).

20201204_141848.jpg.8d59da640d15fa941529ec3c7e560797a.jpg.c61c8c379ca4ef1fe49acd50612cd847.jpg

There are lots of different O&R tools to find if you want to grow your collection.

David

44 minutes ago, Avidcollector said:

Apologies, I don't have them, I've seen pictures of them in the past and would like to get my hands on them some day.

Ah right sorry I read that as you had one :hide:

I'm assuming the rip saw is something like the Comet C/Saw, only really seen in the US and not too common;

1 hour ago, Avidcollector said:

Thanks David, I sure will I'll do it early next week.

What sort of money would I pay for a chainsaw out of interest?

Are your referring those that rarely turn up in the UK or something like an Orline chainsaw imported from the US?

The UK models usually make quite high prices, as there are many more chainsaw collectors than O&R collectors.

If you have patience a reasonable condition Orline chainsaw from the US should be around $100*, the problem will be finding a seller prepared to ship across the pond, also shipping is fairly expensive (typically $120 to $150+ by USPS), don't forgot import fees too.

David

*perhaps one of the US members could have a quick look at completed listings to confirm, as thanks to ePay changes I can no longer see all ended US items. :banghead:

Thanks David, I guess I'm interested in anything with the O&R engines so any assistance would be most appreciated. I can see my wife making me permanently reside in my garage if I continue collecting😎

15 hours ago, Avidcollector said:

I can see my wife making me permanently reside in my garage if I continue collecting😎

That happens here too :D  That's a nice outboard you have there!!

@Avidcollector If you haven't already seen it have a look at the carb rebuild thread and while not applicable to the outboard it's worth checking anything fitted with an air cleaner for that crumbly foam that once was the original air filter.

David

On 12/4/2020 at 12:20 PM, factory said:

I've seen that exact Champ generator before, it was on ePay in February (but not for very long)

Amazing David :bow:

You don't miss a thing! Once or twice could possibly be chalked up as luck but you do this on a consistent basis. Your photo library of O&R stuff must be massive by now

2 hours ago, Wallfish said:

You don't miss a thing! Once or twice could be possibly be chalked up as luck but you do this on a consistent basis. Your photo library of O&R stuff must be massive by now

John you do know David knows more about what we do then we do. He's like Amazon and epay he sees what you do and what you look at

and where every o&r ends up..:yankchain:

2 hours ago, Avidcollector said:

Thanks gents

I think a couple of diaphragms may be in order, are they readily available anywhere?

David @factory Should still have some on your side of the pond.

1 hour ago, JUST O&R said:

John you do know David knows more about what we do then we do. He's like Amazon and epay he sees what you do and what you look at

:D Yeah, he's worse than facebook! LoL

@Avidcollector I've sent a PM about carb diaphragms & sent my email address for those scans of the Champ book when you've got some free time, I can then add them to the manuals thread. :thumbs:

28 minutes ago, Wallfish said:
1 hour ago, JUST O&R said:

:D Yeah, he's worse than facebook! LoL

Almost as bad, I haven't managed to save everything this year, saving the US stuff has become difficult too, as I can no longer see some of it since ePay are blocking the webpage I use to search completed listings over there.

3 hours ago, Wallfish said:

You don't miss a thing! Once or twice could be possibly be chalked up as luck but you do this on a consistent basis. Your photo library of O&R stuff must be massive by now

I have over 9000 O&R pictures archived from ePay & some other webpages, its only about 1200 O&R's as most have several pictures, that number also includes some edited pictures when I've cropped them for adding to relevant posts on the forum.

David