Sign in to follow this  
Wristpin

E tank house keeping!

Its that time of year to do a bit of maintenance on the E tank as all the time its quietly removing rust the anodes are being eaten away - so today was the day.

As you will see, they've been hard at work and it was time to put some old gang mower and triple bottom blades to good use.

IMG_2979 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2978 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2977 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2976 (Medium).JPG

Certainly got some use out of those!. Seems you have a good stock of replacement sacrificial anodes:thumbs:.

I have two sets which I swap over using the process to help clean them off.  I suspect your usage rate is way higher than mine nowadays.

They’d been in the tank  for about 18 months but often might not be used for a few weeks as if I’m in a hurry I use the phosphoric acid tank. When you say cleaning them “ using the process “,is that just putting it into reverse ?  

Yes, that's correct. I put the 2 sets in using the cleaner ones as the anode and the dirtier ones as the recipient cathode which get cleaned.

It gets most of the crud off before the anode set deteriorates too much and is easier to clean with a wire brush etc.