viault

recoil starter for a 1HP O&R (from Devillaine Ouragan)

Hi, a message from France....I am looking for a complete (and working) recoil starter for a 1HP Ohlsson and Rice. Does any body has one for sale?

thank you 

jp

Hello and welcome to the forum

Sorry I can't help as regards a spare recoil as I have no spares, but hopefully one of the usual visitors on here may be able to help you

Paul

@viault Would it be possible to service the starter from your O&R, or is it completely missing?

If it is missing please post some more info & some pictures of the engine so we can identify the correct one needed.

David

Hi david

thank you for your answer

here are included some photos . I need a complete and working recoil starter or parts to restore it

it is a O&R 1hp 20cc

Regards 

7E0A2B61-0A6A-4373-8021-B52101194A67.jpeg

A20CAF25-415B-4FB8-B24A-A511F763E971.jpeg

D21D81AF-9B0A-4D4F-BCAE-FA2397AF6C06.jpeg

BBDA1004-95B3-4B73-9E3F-4951240FFCC4.jpeg

28FEB8B1-EAE9-4FBD-BC3D-29E976A89001.jpeg

6 hours ago, viault said:

here are included some photos . I need a complete and working recoil starter or parts to restore it

it is a O&R 1hp 20cc

Regards 

Just wondering what this picture is of the drive looks like a devillaine ?

looks like the same drive system and brakes

That can definitely be restored. Looks like a new spring and pull know would do it plus some major TLC. I’m also very curious what this engine is attached to!  More photos?

11 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

Just wondering what this picture is of the drive looks like a devillaine ?

looks like the same drive system and brakes

Dear, YES it is an OURAGAN by the brand DEVILLAINE ( France 1966) I have 2 of them, one in excellent and original condition and one original but these part is missing . 

ouragan-coche-voitureapedales.fr_.jpg

ouragan verte.jpg

10 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

undefined

Just not sure:wub:

ouragan verte.jpg

ouragan-coche-voitureapedales.fr_.jpg

11 hours ago, CNew said:

That can definitely be restored. Looks like a new spring and pull know would do it plus some major TLC. I’m also very curious what this engine is attached to!  More photos?

thank you for your message. This engine is on a kid car from 1966. The  french brand DEVILLAINE produced this model named OURAGAN ( hurican...). 

http://www.voitureapedales.fr/devillaine-ouragan/.      I have 2 of them . One red in very very good and original condition and a rare green also original but not complete ( missing the parts of the recoil starter)....help !

That,s awesome !!! would you like to restore that recoil or find a used one to put on it ? I can scrounge you up a used one . you may need to paint it . message me with an address .

would love some pictures of the way the front and rear excels are in the car and the drive system.

3 hours ago, viault said:

and a rare green also original but not complete ( missing the parts of the recoil starter)....help !

Oh man, 2 of them.

Please let me know if this ever becomes for sale!!!! I would love to import one of those to the USA

Nice to see a couple more of those, thanks for adding the pictures of them. :coolphotos:

22 hours ago, viault said:

Hi david

thank you for your answer

it is a O&R 1hp 20cc

Regards 

7E0A2B61-0A6A-4373-8021-B52101194A67.jpegA20CAF25-415B-4FB8-B24A-A511F763E971.jpegD21D81AF-9B0A-4D4F-BCAE-FA2397AF6C06.jpeg

BBDA1004-95B3-4B73-9E3F-4951240FFCC4.jpeg28FEB8B1-EAE9-4FBD-BC3D-29E976A89001.jpeg

That does look in poor condition, the alloy housing is intact but all the steel parts have suffered badly, springs can be found but the bearing for the starter reel are not seen very often and that one has rusted through. If you had access to a lathe I'm sure those could be made along with new rollers for the rope to pass through.

I do have a spare starter that I had wrapped & boxed up for another guy on here, but they never came back to me, would need to check if it's correct for your engine.

Are the starter dogs also missing, as I can't see them in the pictures?

David

22 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

and a rare green also original but not complete ( missing the parts of the recoil starter)....help !

Oh man, 2 of them.

Please let me know if this ever becomes for sale!!!! I would love to import one of those to the USA

Here is another thread with a reminder of how much they make, way more than I can afford. :jaw:

David

8 minutes ago, factory said:

Here is another thread with a reminder of how much they make, way more than I can afford.

Unlike the other tools, this would be an investment. Something as cool as that will always be in demand.

True, along with some of the mini-bikes there will always be lots of interest in them, unfortunately I need to invest in property as I desperately need a bigger workshop space and more space for my collection (instead of renting storage).

4 hours ago, viault said:

This engine is on a kid car from 1966. The  french brand DEVILLAINE produced this model named OURAGAN ( hurican...). 

http://www.voitureapedales.fr/devillaine-ouragan/.      I have 2 of them . One red in very very good and original condition and a rare green also original but not complete ( missing the parts of the recoil starter)....help !

The date seems correct if it's the original engine (sn 100701) , the engine dates from very late 1965 and by the time it wound have taken to ship a batch of them over from the US to France, it would have been built into the car in 1966.

David

Those are gorgeous, what a cool car!  I even like the older one in sweaty condition. You’ve got quite the pair of collectible cars!

20 hours ago, JUST O&R said:

That,s awesome !!! would you like to restore that recoil or find a used one to put on it ? I can scrounge you up a used one . you may need to paint it . message me with an address .

would love some pictures of the way the front and rear excels are in the car and the drive system.

Thank you dear for your answer. If it's possible to find one complete working, it would be fine. How much could it costs? (more shipping to France?) I will take pictures asap. Regards

16 hours ago, CNew said:

Those are gorgeous, what a cool car!  I even like the older one in sweaty condition. You’ve got quite the pair of collectible cars!

thanx......   

www.voitureapedales.fr  is my collection

18 hours ago, Wallfish said:

Oh man, 2 of them.

I will think to sale the green one. Not sure for the moment. I will let you know

18 hours ago, factory said:

Nice to see a couple more of those, thanks for adding the pictures of them. :coolphotos:

That does look in poor condition, the alloy housing is intact but all the steel parts have suffered badly, springs can be found but the bearing for the starter reel are not seen very often and that one has rusted through. If you had access to a lathe I'm sure those could be made along with new rollers for the rope to pass through.

I do have a spare starter that I had wrapped & boxed up for another guy on here, but they never came back to me, would need to check if it's correct for your engine.

Are the starter dogs also missing, as I can't see them in the pictures?

David

Thank you david, yes it is in poor condition....that's sad....Do you think that yours is very different? how to check if it is the good one? how much is it?  my email is  md.arbonne@yahoo.fr.  - regards- jean pascal

Thank you dear for your answer. If it's possible to find one complete working, it would be fine. How much could it costs? (more shipping to France?) I will take pictures asap. Regards

I will go to the warehouse on Wednesday to see what I can find . This will be a pleasure to help get this going. I will grab a set of flywheel dog as David suggested and a

new carburetor diaphragm too I,m sure you will need one.  I hope this will get you what you need.  ( p.s. would like all of them in working order)

Take a good look and see if there is any thing else you may need.

17 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

I will go to the warehouse on Wednesday to see what I can find . This will be a pleasure to help get this going. I will grab a set of flywheel dog as David suggested and a

new carburetor diaphragm too I,m sure you will need one.  I hope this will get you what you need.  ( p.s. would like all of them in working order)

Many thanks ! I think that's all I need.  If you prefer to write by email, my adress is md.arbonne@yahoo.fr

Where are you from (one of my sons lives in USA)?

I wait your kind news

jean pascal

17 minutes ago, JUST O&R said:

Wow, amazing website! You truly have an incredible pedal and gas powered car collection.  That has to be one of the coolest uses of the O&R engine.  I’m glad you found this forum and I hope we can help get you the missing parts.

JustO&R- let me know what you find. I’ll try to take a look as well, not sure I have any extra/complete recoils.

10 minutes ago, CNew said:

Wow, amazing website! You truly have an incredible pedal and gas powered car collection.  That has to be one of the coolest uses of the O&R engine.  I’m glad you found this forum and I hope we can help get you the missing parts.

JustO&R- let me know what you find. I’ll try to take a look as well, not sure I have any extra/complete recoils.

Thanks a lot . I will inform you. Your forum seems cool , congrats 

13 hours ago, viault said:

Thank you david, yes it is in poor condition....that's sad....Do you think that yours is very different? how to check if it is the good one? how much is it?    - regards- jean pascal

This is the one I have, just unpacked it to find out which parts were with it, the paint looks more faded than the pictures show (really needs a repaint).

DSC_3512a.jpg.3800b345f061ec7a073ed3ff64305efd.jpg

DSC_3514a.jpg.f6e57550baeb560f8701af3fd5a669d6.jpg

DSC_3515a.jpg.ffb93d63ab16c74c61e68f2c81eab10d.jpg

DSC_3516a.jpg.583f4850baaa429ebe08ca9236506cc3.jpg

It should fit your engine, there are another two different styles of starter for earlier & later engines, which is why I asked for the pictures. Later ones with the square spring housing will not fit, nor will early ones due to differences in the magneto coil.

Please let us know if you need the starter dogs as there is only one in the bag, a pair is used. Also do need the screws?The ones in the bag maybe longer and need cutting to match the original ones.

David

1 hour ago, Wallfish said:

VERY nice collection!

I like that Euréka Coarse Grand Prix

That’s got you written all over it John!  You’ve probably got the stuff in your collection to pull together a replica:D

11 hours ago, factory said:

This is the one I have, just unpacked it to find out which parts were with it, the paint looks more faded than the pictures show (really needs a repaint).

DSC_3512a.jpg.3800b345f061ec7a073ed3ff64305efd.jpg

DSC_3514a.jpg.f6e57550baeb560f8701af3fd5a669d6.jpg

DSC_3515a.jpg.ffb93d63ab16c74c61e68f2c81eab10d.jpg

DSC_3516a.jpg.583f4850baaa429ebe08ca9236506cc3.jpg

It should fit your engine, there are another two different styles of starter for earlier & later engines, which is why I asked for the pictures. Later ones with the square spring housing will not fit, nor will early ones due to differences in the magneto coil.

Please let us know if you need the starter dogs as there is only one in the bag, a pair is used. Also do need the screws?The ones in the bag maybe longer and need cutting to match the original ones.

David

Dear David, thank you again. I will check the mesures as soon as possible ( not at home now...) and send you to check also on your side. I need all the parts to be sure (one starter bag is ok) I need the screws. Do not worry if I write to you next week....I am very busy and not at home. We keep in touch.    you can also contact me at md.arbonne@yahoo.fr      or voitureapedales.fr@gmail.com

Best wishes from Burgundy - Jean Pascal