Mwilladson

Ohlsson & Rice Kenco Water Pump

Very nice unit and glad to hear you got it running.  I’ve never seen that model of pump, it looks kind of like a combination of a couple different style pumps.  
Factory or Wallfish are probably your best bet for having info.

:WMOM:Mwilladson

That's a Kenco pump unit but the frame and exhaust setup is something I've never seen before.

Just trying to think of what could've been mounted on the right side of the frame and why would the exhaust need to be extended away from it. :dunno:

Hard to tell from the pics if that's the same military green paint color.

https://myoldmachine.com/topic/4827-ohlsson-rice-kenco-pump-models-61-61m/?tab=comments#comment-14364

https://myoldmachine.com/topic/1724-or-pumps/?tab=comments#comment-18548

On 2/12/2021 at 1:45 AM, Mwilladson said:

I got this one running today. Was in the barn at my homestead when I bought the place. Its 9 degrees out today so a inside bench project was perfect. Anyone have any info?

20210211_161525.jpg

:WMOM:

It's definitely a Kenco water pump, question is does it have the model number or other details on the pump? A previous thread had a link to another Kenco model 61MX3 that had sold on ePay many years ago, can you confirm if this number is correct? Sadly the pictures were too small to be much use.

Second question, can you find a model/type for the engine? This should be stamped into the engine mounting flange on the exhaust side.

I suspect this is the military version we were trying to find more information on, American Kenco Inc are listed on military parts lists that have been digitised & copied by loads of websites.

Hopefully you had a look through the carb repair thread before running the engine. :fingerscrossed:

David

Not yet, but one Type 133 that was listed on ePay (now ended) does show the extended exhaust parts and tank bracket.

w1a.jpg.dc342d7e028e6da180a7cfd125662e4b.jpg

w9a.jpg.8cf5d8484c10a98dce2d799468ec726b.jpg

w8a.jpg.d87214b956e1a0704e91faa0961ce965.jpg w6a.jpg.2e8b6fa6f07f499f30c19437e6b96d92.jpg

David

I asked about a Buy-it-Now offer on this listing but they weren’t interested. Looks like they got a buyer anyway.