expeatfarmer

Lucky Find Turf Trak Blade

Ransomes bought out an American company called Steiner that made small  tractors and a range of sophisticated implements, boom mowers,trenchers, snow blowers and ploughs etc. I have two of these machines, a 420 and a 425 both of which are fitted with a Kubota three cylinder engine.

Some time ago I managed to find a NOS front loader in America which had been stored for a long time but never used ( someone had removed the hydraulic operating levers) . Earlier this week I was looking again on E Bay USA for Steiner parts and came across a listing for a NOS Ransomes branded hydraulic front mounted snow plough dozer blade with angling ram. Again there were a few bolts missing so it had lain in a store somewhere for years, strange thing was it was in Norwich UK. I managed to buy it and await delivery at the beginning of next week. I knew these blades existed branded as Steiner in USA ( still available new ) but have never seen a Ransomes branded green version. Last year I bought a front hydraulic adapter from the States with a view to building a blade which is still sitting as NOS in my workshop!! No idea why the owner listed it in the States, I was the only bidder.

Ransomes Dozer Blade.jpg

Managed to get it fitted and operational spent a few hours levelling off the drive and made a huge difference, really pleased with it has to be my bargain of the year new price in the StatesIMG_2283.JPG.eb7655afee7e3b98549cd0015774f4fa.JPG is $1600 

IMG_2280.JPG

IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2282.JPG

The design is very clever if you hit a rock or a stump instead of potentially stalling the tractor the blade snaps forwards against the tension of the two big springs . Once clear of the obstruction you stop or lift the blade and it snaps back to normal.