The Blues Brothers

My new tractor

Found the engine wasn't turning over all the way was locking up. Anyway decided to investagate  the problem  the exhaust valve  was stuck shut

Whipped the head off loads of carbon.  The engine now has been decoked  and valve's have been cleaned. Engine back in new chassis. Then have to completely  rewire the hole tractor. Need some new parts now

IMG_20210522_093803.jpg

IMG_20210508_122530.jpg

IMG_20210522_140909.jpg

New parts have been arriving  daily the latest to arrive are set front indicators.

Thanks for you comment  stormin the cylinder  and bore  appears  to be very slightly scored  this tractor  hasn't  be running for 10yrs

But it will come alive again over the next few weekends..

Some new parts arrived today replacement  indicators 

IMG_20210524_204432.jpg

IMG_20210524_204432.jpg

Very nice project you have there. Good machines. The top cylinder condition is very familiar to me from past experiences (and current ones). Certainly better condition than the sort I get.

Keep to updates coming :thumbs:

Here we are back at  the workshop today starting to find out why we have no spark at the plug

IMG_20210605_100712.jpg

Started to remove   front mask to get into the point

IMG_20210605_101813.jpg

Starting to remove flywheei

IMG_20210605_105507.jpg

Have now removed flywheel found more snail 

IMG_20210605_110219.jpg

Here I have got to  the bottom of the problem  points dirty  so whipped them out will clean them later. Replaced them with new points.

IMG_20210605_112645.jpg

now its time to see if the engine will spark and bypass  the fuel tap and fuel pump needs cleaned out pipe work full of old crap

That will be the next job to overhaul  the fuel pump  and tap leaks. Sparkplug is sparking now to put a small amount of fuel down plug hole

Yes it offered to fire. I just tied a spare old  fuel tank that was kicking about the workshop connected  up fuel lines and it now running.

That's enough  for today still more to do the next few weekends

IMG_20210605_123741.jpg

Hello Maxwell- 8 

Welcome to the forum I am interested on your comments about the Gutbrod Tractor on here, this is one of  7 my brother and I own,  I have had my own tractor since i was 14 and have found them fantastic little tractors. 

I use my tractors all the time also use them at Ploughing matches and have never found any weakness in them quite the opposite  fact they seem to be unstoppable are you speaking from  experience or some thing you have read ?   

I like your comment on the Old Tank kicking about the workshop which looks remarkebly like my tank off my Kohler K141 T engine from my Howard 350 so do not lose it

12 hours ago, rolloman 1 said:

Hello Maxwell- 8 

Welcome to the forum I am interested on your comments about the Gutbrod Tractor on here, this is one of  7 my brother and I own,  I have had my own tractor since i was 14 and have found them fantastic little tractors. 

I use my tractors all the time also use them at Ploughing matches and have never found any weakness in them quite the opposite  fact they seem to be unstoppable are you speaking from  experience or some thing you have read ?   

Could once buy a 312 and gutbrod with renault engine. It had flopping steering and floppy transshifter. Was the same as a WH D250.   But apart from that, Gutbrod are good machines. Had my first riding mower when I was 15-16. And my first garden tractor (raider10) november 2020. I have 2 GT's  and i am 19 years old. Hard to find affordable GT's in Belgium as most gardens are to small for one.