Stormin

It's My Workshop.

Along with the arrival of spring, we also get the arrival of swallows. It's nice to see them as they fly about, soaring and diving as they catch insects on their wings. Something else they are doing, is looking for somewhere to build their nests. Which is fine by me, but NOT in my workshop.

The last few days if the doors were open, they've been flying in and out. Now I don't want swallow nests, or any bird nests in the workshop. One is the mess they make and the other is when the doors are shut, they can't get in or out.

SWMBO had some net curtain material that was surplus to her requirements. She's kindly donated it for a good cause. An anti swallow deterrent across the door way. 

P1030628.JPG.fe653f9425f899b845ab64d6eff2fc0f.JPG

P1030631.JPG.6d622c5edf0a6472a10c411497ba0761.JPG

Today the little pests wait till I turn my back and practice low flying. :rolleyes:

You’re so lucky to have them . We had several nests until about six years ago but none since. My parents old house had a circular hole cut in one of the garage doors and the swallows used to fly through and nest at the back . They returned every year from 1934 until the parents moved in the late seventies . The new owners blocked the hole - sad.

Went out to the shop today. Opened the barn for 2 minutes and they were already there to stay. Had to close the door in the evening because they didn't want to go. We will let them out first thing in the morning.