Stormin

Interesting ride.

Called in to see a friend of mine who's into vintage cars on Friday. As usual, after not seeing him for a while, another vehicle had been acquired. 1925 Renault pickup. He took me out for a little ride. LH drive and iffy brakes made traveling the lanes quite interesting.  

This is not my photo but it is the same vehicle.

Renault NN Commerciale

Was that converted from a 4 seat tourer?
Reminds me of the car I learned to drive in when I was about ten years old, my father swapped a trailer for a 1935 Austin Seven Ruby saloon that he thought would help my older sister and brother to learn the basics in but my sister wasn't interested and my brother learnt on a tractor while helping out on a farm.
He cut off the back of the car from the doors back and closed it off behind the front seats to make a cab and made a pick up platform supported from the rear bumper brackets.
He used to cut firewood on a huge bench saw driven by a belt from a Bamford SD1 stationary engine and I transported the logs round to a log store at the back door.
I certainly learned clutch control on that old car, it was all or nothing.
Can't find any old photos of it at the moment.

O

17 hours ago, Aiberdonian said:

Was that converted from a 4 seat tourer?

Factory  built and original paint work. Would have been bright yellow.

4 hours ago, Wristpin said:

Looks to me as though it should be left just as it is. Would hate to see it “ restored”.

Paul isn't into restorations. He just does what is needed to get them up and running and road worthy.