BIGJOHNG2

O & R Diaphram and gaskets

New guy here... I need a diaphram  and gasket kit for an O&R  motor. How do I get in contact with webhead or wallfish  as I understand that they sell these parts.The unit I have is a transfer pump which was mfg by Comet. Also are there any manuals available ?

Thanks,

John Graham

:WMOM:

I don't think I've added any Comet manuals to the sticky thread, but the engine diagrams are there.

These pictures from the Comet manual are not mine, they were uploaded by @neons a few years ago.

583069363b160_ORTotentools(2).jpg.de740bf7299b72fc8ab47ed4c09fd2fca.jpg.347a6aebb4f4d3b21a875588904aa115.jpg

583069363b160_ORTotentools(2).jpg.de740bf7299b72fc8ab47ed4c09fd2fcb.jpg.9e264f4c702724f400e6a84d011ae5fa.jpg

Hope they help, I do have some Comet literature, but not that manual AFAIK.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:26 PM, Wallfish said:

It's been a bit slow on the forum recently.

It's been a while since I've been on here, been quite busy since going back to work, also been helping my Dad sort & clear my Grandparents house, they both passed away earlier this year in care.

I've also had to rebuild my computer as the motherboard failed, new machine is much better & quicker, but just not got everything back on it, the Office disc has vanished, I was using that to create the pdf's.

David

Thanks for the info Factory. This Comet TOTE'N Pump/sprayer is the unit that I have. Still working on getting it running. It will run with gas into the intake, but I am not getting fuel into the engine, I can get gas to the carb by putting pressure on the tank, but it runs back down the fuel line into the tank.The primer button does not work. I must have an air leak in the carb. I did put a new diaphragm in yesterday. I will put a new plastic check valve in today and see if that helps. I am gun shy to work on the diaphragm valve assembly even though there are step by step on how to do it on this blog.I will have to do it at sometime though.

Do you have any further literature on this guy? Would love to now how it was used. Do you know anyone that has one complete with hoses etc?

Thanks,

John Graham

Most likely you will need to disassemble the carb and clean the little ball that's under the spring. Follow the tutorial and and you'll be fine.

With a clean piece of fuel line connected to it, blow into it and air should only pass when you push the primer button. You should not be able to suck air out anytime.

Possibly either the fuel line is cracked, or the carb needs cleaning, the small parts get gummed up with dried out oil.

A few on here have had the spring corroded away too.

I don't have any literature for the Comet pump, in most of these small pumps the rubber impeller has failed, note: they should never be run dry, as this is the quickest way to ruin them.

David

On 10/24/2021 at 12:49 PM, Wallfish said:

Most likely you will need to disassemble the carb and clean the little ball that's under the spring. Follow the tutorial and and you'll be fine.

With a clean piece of fuel line connected to it, blow into it and air should only pass when you push the primer button. You should not be able to suck air out anytime.

Thanks for the tips. I will have to get after doing a better job of cleaning! As a note with further messing with starting yesterday, I was able to get it to run without any choke. But now another problem, the motor races way too fast. Upon checking and watching a you tube video , I seem to be missing the linkage from the governor vane to the carb. Can you tell me what it looks like? I will need to make one. Also the idle screw doe not connect to or touch anything ?I do have an older motor as it has a two piece crank shaft and the mixture screw is on the side of the carb . Maybe I need to put a load on it when running too as I have removed the pump as the impeller is missing five out of six vanes! Have ordered one off of Amazon today but fear that it is too small.

Again thanks for the info...:)

John Graham

On 10/24/2021 at 12:49 PM, Wallfish said:

The governor vein goes directly to the carb. No linkage. That older type engine probably has the vein type which is a flag on a black thin rod with a flat end. It just looks like a little flag. That flat end of the rod slides through the plate hole and goes directly into the slot on the butterfly of the carb. The flag end sits at the flywheel and the blower housing will keep it from disengaging with the carb.

Basically the wind from the flywheel will push on the flag and rotate the rod which closes the butterfly.

The screw is used for the low idle position but your engine does not have a throttle control. It's set up to run full throttle at 6300 rpm no load so it won't be touching the screw in most circumstances.