Gazza

Great dorset steam fair 27th/31st August

If you're looking for an excellent fun and action packed day out for all the family, you'll love the Great Dorset Steam Fair. Traditionally this English fair is held at the village of Tarrant Hinton, near Blandford Forum in the heart of the beautiful Dorset countryside.Further directions are superfluous. Just find the village on the map, head in that direction and follow everyone else to the showFrom small beginnings this annual event has become one of the favoured places for those interested in how people lived, worked and played in bygone years and it is now widely recognised as "THE" National Heritage Show as well as being regarded as the leading show of its type in the World. The spectacle covers an enormous showground, at over 600 acres being one of Europe's largest outdoor event locations. 2014 will see the show in its 46th year.The Great Dorset Steam Fair is a typically British event offering a unique blend of nostalgia and entertainment. Come and soak up the special festival atmosphere whether as a day visitor or taking in the full five days by camping on site. There is no other event like it anywhere in the world which is why over 200,000 visitors attend each year both from the UK and from all over the World!

Visit this colourful show once and you'll be hooked for life. You must go !

are the tickets on sale yet .?

We got our tickets from Group-on last year & got in for half price for two days .

Was a great show & will be going again this year

Entrance Tickets 2014

TERMS OF BOOKING

Refund Policy: is strictly no refunds. Once your payment has been accepted we will not refund your order should you change your mind or if you are unable to attend.

Delivery Terms: We aim to send your order to you by Royal Mail within 14 days of receipt of payment.

Transaction Currency: is GB Pounds Sterling.

Advance Pre-Paid Prices (per day) On the Day Prices (per day)

(on bookings before 13th August)

Adult Day Ticket

£16.50 each

Senior Citizen Day Ticket

£15.00 each

Child Day Ticket

(6-15 years inclusive,

under 6 years free)

£7.00 each

Adult/OAP Sunday Ticket

£10.00 each

Adult/OAP Evening Ticket

(valid from 5pm. Not required

if you have an Adult /

Senior Citizen Day Ticket)

£8.00 each

Adult Day Ticket

£20.00 each

Senior Citizen Day Ticket

£17.00 each

Child Day Ticket

(6-15 years inclusive,

under 6 years free)

£8.00 each

Adult/OAP Sunday Ticket

£12.00 each

Adult/OAP Evening Ticket

(valid from 5pm. Not required

if you have an Adult /

Senior Citizen Day Ticket)

£10.00 each

Just booked our annual holiday - lastminute.com :D

So will be there on the wednesday/thursday if anyone is around. 

What days are you going Neil?  sounds like a good excuse for a pint and a natter...

Wonder if Andy is going???

Mark, yeah would love to meet up for a pint & a chin wag .

I will be going on the weds ,probably camping out and going Thursday. Also.

Keep in touch & I will meet up with you and anyone else who fancies a pint.

Hope the weather is gonna be good

Wonder if Andy is going???

I think it depends if he is not too busy and can find someone to look after the Horses (hooved versions).

I will be going on the weds ,probably camping out and going Thursday. Also. Keep in touch & I will meet up with you and anyone else who fancies a pint.

Hope the weather is gonna be good

Have a few pints for me Guys

TICKETS & CAMPING UPDATE
We are no longer taking prepaid bookings for tickets and camping. There will be limited availability for camping which can be paid for on the day. However we anticipate that these spaces will fill very quickly so please call our show office in advance of arriving for an update on availability.
Show Office: 01258 860361. G.D.S.F

Hoping that it drys out for those of you that are going this year! As of today here's some photos I've seen, very long delays getting onto the site, a call out for all 4x4 and tractor drivers to help out with towing vehicles to there pitches, lots getting stuck and being towed.

These aren't my pictures, they are from GDSF facebook page.

post-131-0-86078200-1409066635_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-89508500-1409066677_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-00763800-1409066756_thumb.jpg

I've been following those pics Charlie, just been through the edge of blandford and the weather is still miserable. It's rained pretty dolid for the last 2 days. Current vote from my family is it's not worth the aggro getting in or getting out!

Will see what the weather does overnight and first thing tomorrow morning... Had my fill of being rained off at shows this year :(

Let's hope it stops then! Hope the suns out tomorrow! Either way I think it's still going to be a muddy one due to the amount of people walking in the same place and vehicles driving in the same place, just pushes the mud up through the grass/stubble.