Sign in to follow this  
Stormin

Pup Proofing The Garden.

Been dog proofing the garden yesterday while we still have some garden left. Erected a fence between it and the yard. I did have some help from Nell, the pup. Rather large pup now. Driving the posts in was fun. When I swung the mallet, she'd jump up and try to grab it and push the post with her paws.

The hole for the post by the house proved a bit of a problem. A piece of the original drive was still there under the soil. Four inch thick. That I attacked with a large chisel and lump hammer. After about an hour and a half and an aching wrist, I managed to get through concrete and the post in. Then fitted the last panels. Not bad for an afternoons work. I only collected the posts in the morning. 

Fitted the gate first thing this morning.

P1040047.JPG.8f18f600e475b4d33951be5c7575e665.JPG

Many years ago we had a German Shepard with a similar fence at the bottom of our garden ( which backs onto a railway line ) when he was a pup he disappeared every day ending up next door and Sylvia used to ask for him back. Unknown to us some of the bottom nails had rotted, we watched him one day, look around then with a paw he moved the board and clambered  through we used to find him sitting eating biscuits next door