Mebob2

It’s Running!! RPM?

Hi guys, I started working on a tiny tiger I purchased back in April,2020. It was used very little if any but would not run. Took carb off and followed tutorials off this site, I knew nothing about ohlsson and rice engines,1974. Played with if for a few weeks on and off in the evenings. Main issue was getting the little check valve thingy, it was stuck and I didn’t want to drill it out (as suggested)if I could help it. Finally it seemed to function properly. Then everything sat in the corner of my work bench disassembled until 2 weeks ago. Finished full carb cleaning and reassembly as shown on this site but used original gaskets and diaphragm. 
    I used 24-1 with 30w as per manufacturer. Used an auxiliary fuel bottle above engine  as I wasn’t sure if carb would work well enough to suck fuel out of tank or work at all. Second pull it fired right up. Quite smoky. Jet was out about 1 1/8. I let it almost run out of fuel. Changed fuel mix to 32-1 using STIHL 2 stroke oil mix, backed jet off to 1/2 turn out. Started it again, runs like a top. Just a slight hint of smoke, running smooth  and steady. My next question would be, what is a good No load rpm? My tiny tack shows a steady 5500 rpm, is this too high?  

I appreciate the reply, I did see 6300 mentioned but seen some other opinions as well. I’ll use 6300 as a baseline. It starts great, 1 pull choke , 1 pull half choke and it’s running. I misspoke in initial post, jet is out 1/2 turn. I’m getting a bit of oil coming out exhaust, comes out we’re chrome manifold fits into aluminum exhaust box. It’s much better then it was with 1 1/4 turns out on jet. Is there anything I can adjust differently to help this? Or is there another issue?

Is there an approximate engine running temp that I could use as a reference?

I appreciate your help

thanks 

The OP hasn't visited since April 2022, if they don't see the reply, it might be worth trying a private message.

David

4 hours ago, Quasa said:

Curious how it's running now.

Enjoyed following your work in progress and troubleshooting with members 😊

:WMOM:

Are you having trouble running an O&R ?

If so, best to start a new thread of your own and let us know the background of the engine and if it's on a tool like a TT