Bob V

O&R Tiny Tiger Generator Carburetor

I agree with John, best to try to clean the fuel tube and filter from the top off possible and make removing the bottom plate of the gas tank a last resort. I’ve removed a couple before and it’s a bit of work, takes down patients, consistent heating and finesse. Plus you need a good adhesive/sealant to re-install. It can be done but it’s a pain that’s better avoided when you can. 

https://myoldmachine.com/topic/4245-tiny-tiger-gas-tank-repair/

Edited by CNew

I am going to put a generator together and on the generator end on the shaft there is a washer that goes above the snap ring and a bearing goes on. Does the larger opening of the bearing go up then the generator  cover? thanks.

I have a generator with fuel tank on the bottom and it is clogged. I am going to try carb cleaner and air to free it but what is inside a metal pipe or flexible fuel line. The other generator I have some one put a rubber fuel line inside the tank.

On 11/22/2022 at 6:36 PM, Wallfish said:

Not yet. Leave at 6 get home at 5:30-6. I'll have time later this week

I received it....Thank you....Put it on my " I Owe You"  list. Just don't send the Godfather to collect it.... Thanks again...!!

The generator is quite noisy and I heard you can put more than 1 mufferler on them. I did it years ago but forgot what parts I need. I know 2 mufflers and a longer hook. Isn't there some kind of adapter I forgot thanks. 

20 hours ago, tvenetis said:

I was wondering John if will the mustang ohlsson chain saw flywheel fit a tiny tiger engine?

Yes. There was a change somewhere along the line for the starter pawls though.

Mufflers are typically 3 pieces. Adding center sections need no adapters but you're right, the bolt/hook needs to be longer as well. Not sure how many of those center sections it would take to make a difference

The sections should all fit together just like the original 3 sections do. Some manufacturers even stacked sections from the factory for different reasons so they do stack. Or at least should stack and not be a problem. Make sure they are all lined up. They will distort and deviate and slide if that nut is over tightened to hold them

Do you know where I can find a quieter muffler for it? and I found out the chain saw flywheel is 86mm  and I thought my flywheel is 3 and a half inches.

Edited by tvenetis
more info

I was looking inside the generator housing and there is 2  wires that come from the 120 volt plug but there is also another wire that goes to the fields on each side of the wall plug wires. A friend looked and he said they go to diodes. Are they replaceable and what do they do thanks.

Edited by tvenetis

I took the tank apart on a 300 watt generator with the tank on the bottom and made sure the tube was clean and I  put a     string trimmer filter and a short piece of hose  on the bottom of the metal tubing and now it has trouble          getting fuel to the carburetor.

Yes it did because the tank and line got dirty so now I shortened the metal tubing and put a filter on flex line that is slightly larger hole so it is not bent as much and I tightened it with a wire tie. I am waiting for the tank plate to dry on the tank to try it.

When you are putting the gaskets on the cylinder you first put the thin metal ring with larger diameter on the cylinder then the 2 thicker round gaskets then the exhaust and 2 metal rings?

Install the gaskets and manifold onto the cylinder head. The rubber type gaskets are 2 different sizes. The one with the larger inside diameter hole goes on the cylinder first. Then manifold, then 2nd gasket, then metal rings, then O ring. Tightened it by hand using a rag for grip, use a tool to get it tighter if needed. Turning the manifold with the cylinder at the same time will get it close to tight

Is there a parts list with numbers I can get for  the ohlsson tinuy tiger and  other compack engines?I found a o & r seal PN 400310 someone had is that a crank shaft      seal?