Bob V

O&R Tiny Tiger Generator Carburetor

Yes, I’m not good at linking pages on here but if you go to the main Ohlsson Rice page there is a section title Brochures, etc that has parts list and other info.

I looked up that part number and it looks like it’s the Roller Retainer for the later 13B engine. Go to this page and pull up the info on the 1970s engine.

On 12/18/2022 at 1:29 PM, tvenetis said:

Is there a parts list with numbers I can get for  the ohlsson tinuy tiger and  other compack engines?I found a o & r seal PN 400310 someone had is that a crank shaft      seal?

There's a whole section on manuals here in the manual section for IPLs

Ohlsson & Rice Compact Operation Instructions May 62 Parts List 9-1-62 Service Directory May 62-1.pdf

On the exhaust I put the rubber gaskets on like you said with the curve part toward the exhaust manifold then there is a bigger metal ring and I put it on the cylinder with the curve down to match the gasket then do you put the 2 smaller metal ring gaskets on then the o ring?

I get my water pump running but when I shut it off gas is going in to the carburetor. I put new diaphragm in it also. I noticed that the ball is not stopping the fuel so I have to try to figure it out a friend put it together wrong.

Edited by tvenetis

On 12/22/2022 at 5:03 PM, tvenetis said:

On the exhaust I put the rubber gaskets on like you said with the curve part toward the exhaust manifold then there is a bigger metal ring and I put it on the cylinder with the curve down to match the gasket then do you put the 2 smaller metal ring gaskets on then the o ring?

All of those metal rings go on after the gaskets.

The last thing to go on is the O ring which seals the connection of the case and the head. The rest seals the manifold and the head

On 12/22/2022 at 10:24 PM, tvenetis said:

I get my water pump running but when I shut it off gas is going in to the carburetor. I put new diaphragm in it also. I noticed that the ball is not stopping the fuel so I have to try to figure it out a friend put it together wrong.

Yup, that check valve bearing should stop gas flow. Something is wrong

I am putting together a chicken power recoil. I have the spring in and I put the rope threw the hole in the spool and tie a small knot in it on the side the spring  goes on the spool. I put a roune piece looks like cardboard on the spool and I fix it so the knot lies on top of the round paper piece but when I  put everything in the housing the recoil rubbs but if I remove the  paper piece it works find. What am I missing thanks.

That’s the 13B. I think there is supposed to be a thin plastic disc (as opposed to paper) that the recoil slides on.  I’ll have to see if I have an old unit that is open and can take a look.  If I recall it’s just thin plastic, might be able to cut one out of a piece of disposable Tupperware, milk carton, or some other packaging.

It is a thin piece probably made of plastic. It seems like the knot that comes out of the hole on the spring side of the spool rubbs on the spring. How would you prevent that.

Edited by tvenetis

I left the thin plastic off and I found a spring with less coils and now it retracts okay. On another engine I was replacing the crank and when I went to unscrew the cylinder the connecting rod broke and I was able to tap the piston out of the cylinder without damage. How do you remove the clips that hold the wrist  pin to the piston.

I just busted a crank on a seized engine.  There should be a little c-clip on one side, remove that and you should be able to tap the wrist pin from the opposite side.

I just found out there is different sizes of connecting rod where it fits on to the crank and different sizes of crank. Does any one know what part number rod I need for the 13b engine, I found a crank part.

Edited by tvenetis

I am putting the crankshaft flywheel side in a 13 b engine but it is  hard to pack the needle bearings in the block because there is a overhang piece just over where the bearings sit so do you put the bearings on the crank then        drop it in the block?

I always pack the roller bearings into the inner race of the connecting rod (with wheel bearing grease which is stickier), then I gently slide the connecting rod over the crank shaft being careful not to hit the overhang as I maneuver it onto the shaft. Works like a charm…

Thanks but I am referring to the crankshaft bearings that go in to the bottom half of the engine. You can't pack the bearings in the engine first because there is a part in the block that flares out above where the bearings would fit in the block. it looks like a washer to prevent the bearings from moving. I have a picture of what I am talking about I took a bolt and wedged the head against what I thought was a washer and tapped it out. It was the outer race of the bearing. I have to try and repack it with the needle bearings and put it on the crank and carefully drive it in the hole again.            

IMG_3586.jpg

Edited by tvenetis

some one helped me pack small bearings so now I am reassembling the chichken power gearbox. There is a small gear that goes on the stepped shaft but I am not sure what that does because it does not contack any other gear it is raised up before you put the top cover on thanks. I found out that was not a gear but bearings went in the notches of that piece. 

Edited by tvenetis

I am putting a new rope on a chicken power recoil 13 b engine and I put the knot on the spool comming out the flywheel side and it rubbs when I tighten the recoil. If I put it on the spring side it interferes with the spring.

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

Edited by tvenetis

It’s been awhile since I messed with a 13B recoil. If I recall it’s similar to, or the same, as the larger 20A engine. The knot goes through the inside of the spool hub. Take a look at the manual linked below, there are some good photos of the recoil.

On the chicken power 13 b the nipple on the carb is loose. Is there a way  to fix that or can some one tell me the number of the piece I have to find. I can't read the manual thanks.

I remember from the other ohlsson forum they were talking about using another carburetor but I did not follow  up on it. Does any one know anything about that?