Bob V

O&R Tiny Tiger Generator Carburetor

Yes, some of the 13B engines have some differences in the carb. The later carbs have a little rubber stopper on the diaphragm arm that replaced the little steel ball bearing. Another change was the little brass inlet nipple/valve you referenced.

Without seeing the issue up close I’m not sure what to suggest to fix it. If it’s just slightly loose but the actual valve is still functioning internally, could you maybe use a little bit of epoxy or JB to help seal it and snug it up where it connects to the carb body?

On 1/10/2023 at 12:43 PM, tvenetis said:

I am putting a new rope on a chicken power recoil 13 b engine and I put the knot on the spool comming out the flywheel side and it rubbs when I tighten the recoil. If I put it on the spring side it interferes with the spring.

IMG_0438.jpgIMG_0439.jpg

Maybe post #9 here will help, I added a short guide to reassemble the 13B starter (note 20A engines are different, as they were made in both rotations).

David

The narrow piston rings are A-33-13 (also used on early 13B engines), when these became obsolete they used replacement piston & ring set 400560.

And the wider rings used on later 13B engines are 200862.

David

A picture of the piston with rings part #400560 (picture saved from ePay many years ago), this was listed as the replacement when the narrow rings were discontinued.

y7a.jpg.18f1aa9499d7cc127cc58a0c405ac67c.jpg

David

Yes it has the wider piston rings, it couldn't have anything else as they had discontinued the narrow rings and this was the replacement given in the 1975 parts price list.

David

I am putting new rings on a 13b engine and trying to squeze them and put the cylinder on with no luck. Does some one know of another way to compress the rings? thanks.

I just pinched them with my fingers and kinda twisted.

I guess you could make a ring compressor from some thin sheet metal and a hose clamp to tap them in sorta like big engines.

What are you powering with it?  Sensitive computer equipment? Typical lights and motors ain't gonna care.

The governor should limit the rpms so make sure it's not hanging up or something. You can probably add a screw where the cable would go for things like a drill or mini bike engine that uses a throttle cable if you need to limit the butterfly from opening.

On a chicken power engine I am wirking on I put new rings and it has compression but the recoil seems to pull harder than most. It tries to start but won't keep running and the carb has been clean and great spark. I was thinking of taken off the gears which are greased well and see if that makes a difference. Do all those engines pull hard it is a 13b thanks. I  took off the gears but did not make a difference. Maybe some one changed the flywheel. Are there different flywheels for ohlsson engine maybe timing is wrong. 

Edited by tvenetis

It has compression and spark but it bearly pops when I spray a little fuel in the carburetor. I have another engine and as soon as I spray fuel in the carb and pull the cord it runs for about a second like it supposed to. I even switched coils from the engine the runs to the chicken power and same problem. I am going to remove a metal head gasket and see if that helps. I removed a metal head gasket and it has 110 compression but it won't fire. I remember I put the crank shaft the flywheel side in because the original one had the threads broke off.

Edited by tvenetis

Spark should be a sharp snapping blue color. if it isn't, try changing the condenser

If it's still hard to turn as mentioned before you should try it with the spark plug out. It should now turn as easy as every other one does. If it's not, there's something binding inside from assembly and you will need to find out what that is and correct it.

the spark is blue and it turns easy with plug out just compression. For some reason it won't fire and plug is new. I tried different plugs also. I just tried the chicken power flywheel and recoil on another engine and that other engine runs with those changed parts so I know it is not the flywheel coil or condenser. The compression is 110.

Edited by tvenetis