26t

Need a con rod bearing

Im new to this

i have a model 115  tiny tiger 300. That needs a connecting rod bearing.  
Serial # 025344
can i get parts and if so

Are there instructions on replacing it ? 

thank you in advance 

Edited by 26t

On 7/9/2022 at 1:35 AM, 26t said:

Im new to this

i have a model 115  tiny tiger 300. That needs a connecting rod bearing.  
Serial # 025344
can i get parts and if so

Are there instructions on replacing it ? 

thank you in advance 

:WMOM:

Not sure if I have any full bearing kits but might have some of the rollers.

Did some go fly'n when you opened it up? There are bearings on the top (smaller) and bottom of the connecting rod

There aren't any instructions that I know of but using grease holds them in place for assembly. There's some pics in the engine rebuild thread

thank you wallfish for replying. 

The bearing(cage) is completely missing.  I dumped out a few bearing, but had not found the cage yet.  
I just wanted to know if parts are available, before I break the engine down any further. 

You gotta be pretty deep already to get to the rod bearings.

There's no "cage" on those rod bearings. Just the rollers themselves.

Scroll down in this thread as there's some pictures. The white stuff is Lubriplate 101 engine assembly grease

I can't remember how many rollers or if there are different ones. @factory David is very good at that stuff

Yes i use lubriplate for my model t ford engines.    We just unsrewed the ‘jug’ head and seen where to bearings used to be.   Do you have a picture of what my bearing should look like.  What holds them in and why did mine fall out.   
i wish there are manuals on these little engines on the interweb.   
i did send factory a note, but he has not got back to me 

again thanks for you help, Peter

19 hours ago, 26t said:

Do you have a picture of what my bearing should look like.

Sorry about that!! Click on the link above (I fixed it!) and scroll down to you see the rod bearings. And yes, there should be a cage. I'll see what I can find for parts

:WMOM:

Apologies for not getting back to you, been knackered with the heat, work & change of medication recently.

The con-rod bearing, are you talking about the lower one for the crank pin? and if you are, does it have a slot in the bottom on the con-rod? this determines which type of bearing should be used. I have collected bearing info from the parts diagrams I have (1961/62/64 & up), need to check if I have more 1963 info, as they changed the bearing types from Oct 1963 to using steel cages, instead of the nylon plastic ones.

David

Engine type 115 was used on the Kenco water pump according to the list I have, also seen one fitted to a Kenco pump in a thread on here, older Tiny Tiger Model 300 usually have engine Type 111.

David