Rustyoldjunk

O&R outboard motor

Hi Guys new to the forum and to O&R engines in general,I have an outboard motor from the 1970’s I believe and it’s in great condition really other than the cowling is a bit past it,she has spark and I’ve had her running briefly on brake cleaner just to confirm she’s a goer but I really need a carb kit for it to be of any use on my fiberglass dingy I know it’s a long shot but are there any about? 

:WMOM:

Since you had it running it might be safe to assume the carb is complete. What you need is a new diaphragm

I have new diaphragms. Send me a PM

There's a pinned thread on the carbs so have a look

On 10/26/2022 at 1:18 PM, Rustyoldjunk said:

Hi Guys new to the forum and to O&R engines in general,I have an outboard motor from the 1970’s I believe and it’s in great condition really other than the cowling is a bit past it,she has spark and I’ve had her running briefly on brake cleaner just to confirm she’s a goer but I really need a carb kit for it to be of any use on my fiberglass dingy I know it’s a long shot but are there any about? 

Welcome to the forum!  Can you add a couple photos of your outboard?  I’m curious if it’s the Aquabug style or if it’s from the 1970s it could be the later version that used the larger 20A engine (Clinton and Wards made a version, sometimes referenced as a K150). If it’s the later version some had a more common Walbro LMB carb and you can still get complete rebuild kits.

10 hours ago, CNew said:

Welcome to the forum!  Can you add a couple photos of your outboard?  I’m curious if it’s the Aquabug style or if it’s from the 1970s it could be the later version that used the larger 20A engine (Clinton and Wards made a version, sometimes referenced as a K150). If it’s the later version some had a more common Walbro LMB carb and you can still get complete rebuild kits.

will do buddy when I get home tonight il drag it out thanks James. 

As it's the Perry branded version I guess you are in the UK, I still have a few reproduction carb diaphragms for these older type 13A engines.

The owners manual can be found as a pdf, in section 4 of the manuals thread here;

Note these engines aren't the most reliable things, even with a carb rebuild and avoid modern ethanol tainted fuel, as it does no good to vintage engines and the seals & fuel lines, etc..

David

1 hour ago, factory said:

As it's the Perry branded version I guess you are in the UK, I still have a few reproduction carb diaphragms for these older type 13A engines.

The owners manual can be found as a pdf, in section 4 of the manuals thread here;

Note these engines aren't the most reliable things, even with a carb rebuild and avoid modern ethanol tainted fuel, as it does no good to vintage engines and the seals & fuel lines, etc..

David

Thanks David yes I’m from the uk,the kit you have is it just the diaphragm or a complete kit to do a full rebuild on the carb? How can I pay you and how much? 

Are the crank seals available if i need them too? 

Will PM you tonight, only have the diaphragm, cover gasket & plastic check valve (not usually required for later engines).

No one seems to make the crank seals in the sizes O&R used (expect the front crank seal, which someone on here found a modern replacement for), we have to use O rings to replace them, no idea how long they would last, mine only get run for demonstration purposes, note they are very loud.

David

On 10/29/2022 at 7:13 AM, factory said:

No one seems to make the crank seals in the sizes O&R used (expect the front crank seal, which someone on here found a modern replacement for)

l think this is the modern front seal - Timken/Nationals 342805

4 minutes ago, CNew said:

I would be interested but thinking shipping from the UK to the US is probably cost prohibitive.

I’m not sure actually I’ve recently sent a gearbox to Switzerland it was only around £60 much heavier too.