Ian

Wheel Horse Raider 14 Zero Turn

Afternoon all thought I would introduce you all to my new project     A Wheel Horse Raider 14 Zero turn :D

If you have been keeping an eye on the shout box you will of worked out I was buying more than just a lawn sweeper from Chris The Showman :)

So thank you to Chris for selling one of your Raider to me and a big thank you to Paul and Wendy for delivering it this morning :thumbs:

Quite a bit of time yesterday (and some today) was spent sorting out this mess..

RZT1_zps6aed5172.jpg

To find some space for the Raider..  It does fit Paul :D

RZT2_zpsb20566e4.jpg

As you can see it came without a bonnet or engine, which is where the green acorn firing Kohler 14hp engine will come in handy.

This wasn't the original plan for this engine but as I have it and it mostly runs I might as well use it :)   Now you know Koen :D

A replacement bonnet should be arriving this coming week..

I need to look up the year, here's the chassis plate.

RZT3_zpse19c83ca.jpg

The fender pan will need a bit of work, but the rusted out bit is only a flat bit of plate.

RZT4_zps69628ebd.jpg

RZT5_zpsf6c40293.jpg

The engine was put on the chassis partly because it was somewhere to put it, an partly to see if the low mounted starter motor would get in the way of the battery tray.. It does!

RZT6_zpscec64b2e.jpg

The main reason for building this zero turn machine (other than, why not? :D ) is for a fun grass cutting machine.. So I also bought this slightly rusty rear discharge deck from Chris.. I think it came from a 12hp C-series??

RZT7_zps063a6127.jpg

The plan is to get the Raider running and moving under it's own power, which shouldn't take long, and then use it while making a new "up-swept" front axle to fit some castor wheels using Wh front wheels..

The Raider will go on the big bench (which my 6x6 was built on) to have steering brakes fitted..

So that's the plan guy's and girls....  What do you think ? :D

Glad to see the old girl getting a new lease of life, will be interesting watching the build Ian,

It was nice to have the time with you and look forward to your next visit, its nice to make some room and fill your shack up.

nutty :D

Correct :D

wicked :woohoo:  i'll be looking forward for updates on this one.

Koen

Thanks Koen, I hope to get started on it asap but I do have some interior Workshack remodeling to do first!

You've finally come clean then :)

I have indeed. I had to wait until I had something to show before I announced my plans to the world :D

Glad to see the old girl getting a new lease of life, will be interesting watching the build Ian,

It was nice to have the time with you and look forward to your next visit, its nice to make some room and fill your shack up.

Thanks Chris, it was great to visit last weekend, it was a shame I didn't have more time!  Maybe not get my Wife to drive me over for the next visit :D

Sounds like a great project Ian, thanks for the tea this morning :thumbs:

Your welcome mate, good to catch up with both you and Wendy yesterday. And a big thanks for offering the Wh delivery service :thumbs:

sure it was tea Paul or did Ian just tell you that.

Definitely tea this time, I saw the teabags and everything !!!

Lol, yep it was Tea.. at least I think the small round bags had tea in them...  Coffee is more my line of expertize :D

Sounds good to me Mark, just let me know when :thumbs:

Even though I've not started on this project yet, parts wise it has been a productive day.. I went to the shack to look for engine parts for DiggerJames (come on James, post about your new build here :thumbs: ) and kept finding parts for Project Zero turn!

I have found the brake discs, lift arm stop, ammeter and mounting bracket!!

I wonder what I will find tomorrow :D

Be interesting how you do it.  ;)

I have it worked out in my head how to do it, but as is my style (or lack of) I need to hold parts in place to work it fully out..

I think waiting to see how I'm going to do it would take less time than reading through my full 6x6 build on RS :D

Morning chaps, not really an update but another part of the puzzle has arrived..  A hood :D

As you can see it has a slight bit of surface rust where the paint was partly stripped of and just left!

RZT9_zps9efc1e56.jpg

RZT10_zps83bfd10f.jpg

A nice shade of silver paint inside!

RZT8_zpsd89ce9f1.jpg

The little Raider is looking more complete every day :D

RZT11_zps7a57bcae.jpg

Evening Lady's and Gent's, now Project Zero-ish turn is up on the build bench..

RZT13_zpsc0ea6a47.jpg

I thought I would give you a few sneak preview photo's of what's to come ahead..

Not looking too bad from the side, only surface rust..

RZT15_zpsbddd2550.jpg

The back end looks a bit more rusty!!

RZT16_zpsf9585b79.jpg

When you look inside!!!   I now know where the missing presumed rusted away part of the fender pan has gone!! :)

RZT17_zps88663208.jpg

I think there is going to be some fun times ahead with this build :D