Havnt had a chance to look at it yet, I knew it had no spark but it turns over ok and has plenty of compression, what ever is in the fuel tank smells funny so I guess its been standing for a while 

Fell over this today when I opened the shed door and thought I would have a quick look. 

I took the head off and wire bushed the head and valves up, the bore and piston (std) look in good shape with no marks or ridges.

bolted it all back together, popped the cover off the points and gave them a good clean and re-gaped them,

With a few pulls away she went, no rattles or smoke, so very pleased, just need to build another tractor to put it in

Fell over this today when I opened the shed door and thought I would have a quick look. 

I took the head off and wire bushed the head and valves up, the bore and piston (std) look in good shape with no marks or ridges.

bolted it all back together, popped the cover off the points and gave them a good clean and re-gaped them,

With a few pulls away she went, no rattles or smoke, so very pleased, just need to build another tractor to put it in

Doubt it will take you long to find a home for the engine Mr Showman, especially if the project we were talking about last weekend comes

into play... :D

Those little Kohler k91s are some tough little engines...have picked up a few myself. :)

Just wish rebuild parts weren't SO expensive. :huh:

Something I've just noticed as well. I can see why my C81 is so noisy. The exhaust has had the bit with the small bore pipe cut off and replaced with the large bore outlet.

I just noticed that it appears to have a Tecumseh recoil mounted on it....

Think that recoil is a bought in unit, possibly Fairbanks Morse, and appears on a variety of engines.