Stormin

C-120 refurb.

Did a bit more fettling today. Fitted a light return spring to the throttle linkage on the carb and got it running a bit sweeter.. Also a new battery clamp plus new clamps to the exhaust.

Had a bit of a disappointment. The seal behind the drive pulley has a slight weep. New seal when I rebuilt the trans. I'll fit another when I remove the wheels for painting.

Started on the rear wheels today. After about 4hrs with flap wheel, wire wheel and emery cloth, they are bare metal. That is except for the outer centres. Can't really get at them with flap/wire wheels.

So an experiment is in progress. They are now spending the night with a coat of brake fluid on the remaining paint. (I've no paint stripper.)

Also took the drive pulley off the trans' and it didn't 'arf put up a fight. Tomorrow I'll replace the weeping seal.

The wheels spent the night with a coating of brake fluid. It did soften the paint but not by much. SWMBO then informed me she had some paint stripper in her studio.  :banghead:   Gave the centres two coats as per instructions and the paint scraped of easily. Finished them of with some wire wool and the result is below.

post-111-0-79844700-1431885166_thumb.jpg

post-111-0-59484400-1431885203_thumb.jpg

They are now all masked up ready for painting.

I also got the seal changed on the drive pulley spindle. I'll have to wait to  see if that's successful.